The Luckey Cat Caper

Shadowsan: Somewhere in my coat lies a single dollar bill. The coat has many pockets. Locate the target and acquire it... if you can. You have 2 minutes.

Carmen bows and faces off against him. From the faces in the audience, we see that this is her first year of the academy.

Tigress: Ha! This is going well.

Carmen grows increasingly desperate as she is running out of time.

The timer hits zero. At the same time, Carmen gasps awake to her phone ringing, a symbol of a white baseball cap on the screen.

Carmen: The coat was empty, wasn't it?!

Player: Oh boy... You're having that dream again, aren't you?

Carmen: "Dream" makes it sound like make-believe, Player. This actually happened.

Player: For the best, right, Red? I mean, if you'd actually aced crime school, you might be stealing for VILE instead of from them.

Carmen: For the Villains International League of Evil? Highly doubt that.

Player: So how come failing Shadowsan's final is still bugging you?

She takes a deep breath.

Carmen: I don't know... Maybe because I never got to see where the dollar bill was hiding when the exam was over. I was the best pickpocket in Stealth 101. Way better than Tigress. Guess I just feel like I still have something to prove.

She opens the curtains.

Carmen: Mm, what a view...

We see her view out the window. It's skyscrapers and fog.

Carmen: Pea soup.

Player: They don't call San Francisco, California "Fog City" for nothing. The fog blows in so often that the locals gave it a name: Karl.

Carmen: But when the fog lifts, what a view. The Golden Gate Bridge towers 746 feet above the bay. It's one of the city's iconic landmarks, along with cable cars, the oldest and largest Chinatown in America, and "The Rock": Alcatraz Island, home of the famous prison.

Player: Too bad it hasn't been used to jail criminals since 1963. Since VILE loves hanging out on islands, it would've been the perfect place to lock them up.

Carmen: Until that day comes, I'm happy to keep stealing their money to spend on worthwhile causes, like the Children's Foundation charity auction tonight. A foggy night seems like perfect trench coat weather. But I really should dress for the occasion.

Y/n is still sleeping in the bed, but she moving around violently, crying, and mumbling things. Carmen looks over at her and trys to shake her awake.

Carmen: love. Love! Y/n!

Y/n stops shaking. Although she also stops breathing, and Carmen is trying so many things to wake her up.

Carmen: Player what do I do she is not waking up.

Player: Red, I don't know what to do.

Y/n wakes up with a loud gasp. She sits up and holds her knees rocking back k and forth.

Carmen: love are you ok what happened.

Y/n's cat ears go down and her cat tail wraps around her body.

Y/n: *whimpering* I had a bad dream.

Carmen: wanna talk about it?

Y/n: Please.

Carmen sits on the bed and pulld Y/n into her chest and pets her head.

Carmen: ok explain my love.

Y/n: it was a memory, but altered...when we escaped the VILE you went to the boat with me, but you kicked me into the water, and said I was too weak to go with you and that I would only hold you back. I started drowning and I couldent swim I cried so hard. I couldent do anything about it.