Twenty.

Hafiz.

When I entered my room, I leaned against the door and touched my lips.

They were as fucking soft as I imagined.

Recalling her reaction, I scowled, half amused and half angry. Was I a carrier of the plague or something? What was with that overreaction? It was as if she had never kissed anyone.

I didn't know why but that made me feel...tingly. In a way I didn't want to fucking decipher.

Walking to the bed, I undressed, leaving my singlet and trousers on before plopping down on the bed. I could finally leave this place and go home.

I missed the food and my bed, and I missed getting laid.

"It'll all be over soon," I mumbled, taking my phone out of my pocket. I didn't want to go back down there, it was too noisy.

I resolved to while away my time here, away from the bustle. I didn't have anything to amuse myself, unlike back in the States. There, I could just go to the gym, pool or home theatre, here, I could only switch between watching TikTok videos, IG reels and Snap spotlights.

In between, I faintly heard the room opposite mine open and a few voices telling Aliya to come downstairs. Something about the guess waning to the bride. Knowing they would come for me next, I walked across the room and back after locking the door.

At some point, a knock sounded on my door but stopped when I didn't answer. My phone vibrated with a text from father asking me to come down, which I ignored.

When it was five minutes past eight, I dragged my sore body out of bed to take a shower before dressing casually and heading downstairs. Halfway down the stairs, I met Aliya who was coming up.

She was still dressed in that flattering white dress that outlined her curves. She did have them in all the right places, but she was wider at the hips.

I watched her freeze, looking to want to turn back before deciding against it. She squared her shoulders and gazed into my eyes with a glare before walking past me with a stubborn set to her chin.

My gaze trailed after her until she disappeared around the corner before continuing down. When I reached the living room, it was empty except for father, his wife and Aliya's mother.

The two women were tidying up the slightly messy room while he sat there scrolling down his iPad. I walked over and stopped beside the couch he sat on, peering down to see he was answering a work email.

"Anwar and the rest are gone?"

"Why else did you think I messaged you to come down?" He replied, eyes glued to the screen.

"You should have told me they were leaving, I would've come to send them off."

He looked up at me, gaze imploring. "You like them."

"Well, they're like Unais, a little bit," I said, watching his brows shoot up his face. "Any higher and they'll meet your hairline."

Instead of replying, he pointed at the centre table where a bunch of gifts sat. "For you."

Guessing it was from the guys, I walked over and sat cross-legged on the carpet and opened them up. There were three sets of gifts; a tie, a watch and cologne.

The ties were mostly in neutral colours and of the watches, two were Patek Philippe, one a Nautilus Rose Gold and the other a Full Iced Everose.  The other two were black and deep purple with gemstones and probably custom-made though I couldn't tell by which manufacturer.