Part 4

Trigger warning for this one, guys. While what is described is not a rape, it is analogous to it and was triggering for me to write, so it may be to read as well. If you decide to skip this one that's fine. The clif notes are that we find out why Tav feels so guilty and hostile about Astarion's other spawn but it's not really their fault even though they blame themselves. It ends with all the companions gathered at the center of camp staring at Tav who is having a whole breakdown.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tav wants to pay attention to what Gale is saying really. He is excitedly describing his hunt for the Crown of Karsus at the bottom of the sea. He talks about all the creatures intelligent and otherwise that he encountered there and it ought to be fascinating, but Tav's eyes and focus drift anyway. Karlach watches him enraptured, she asks questions at just the right times obviously engaged in the story. She's so close to Tav they can feel her warmth washing over them in waves. She's beautiful. Tav wants to move closer to her, drawn as if magnetically. Her hair is dark and decorated with charms. Her skin is lustrous and such a rich red.

An unexpected twist of guilt grips Tav's chest but the source isn't immediately clear. They wrench their eyes away from her and look at the leaping flames instead, brow furrowed. It's not the lustful thoughts. There's no shame in desire, particularly if it's not acted on. Tav searches their mind for the source of the feeling and it comes into focus. The guilt is because Karlach resembles Kyus the tiefling who was the first Astarion had brought home. A surprise, a gift.

-

True to his word he had left Tav to 'stew in the anticipation' for the rest of that day. The sun had long set by the time he reappeared. Tav was on the balcony looking down at the villas and townhouses of the upper city below. Astarion approached and stood beside them. He moved like a cat, sly, graceful, and dangerous. It was bewitching. "Good evening, my darling." His voice was a purr dripping with charm.

Tav soaked up his image. The moon in his white curls, the planes and angles of his face, the smirk that pulled his mouth to one side as he examined them with the same intensity but perhaps not the same naked awe. "You've been wonderfully patient, pet. I'm almost impressed." He reached out and tucked Tav's hair behind their ear exposing their neck and the scared over mark of his bite. He stared at it possessively. Tav shivered at his touch

"Is it time for the surprise?" They asked breathlessly. He had no right to be so beautiful. It was disarming. No matter what Astarion did or said all he had to do was look at them though his half hooded eyes and Tav felt themselves melting ready to give him whatever he asked for.

He didn't answer, but rather pulled out a silk scarf. Looking down his sharp nose with a mischievous gleam in his eye, he twirled a finger in the air and Tav turned around. They could see the patches of water on the stone guard rail left over from that afternoon's rain. The scarf fell over their eyes and they held still as it was tied securely in place.

Asatrion guided Tav firmly by the shoulders. "Watch your step." Tav trembled with excitement. Everything about the moment was charged. Whoever the mysterious visitor was, whatever Astarion was plotting, it was clear he had orchestrated this evening for their pleasure. The walk felt agonizingly long and each step heightened the tension.

They stopped walking and one hand left Tav's shoulders. A door closed behind them and Astarion propelled them a few steps further. He turned them around. "Sit, darling." An order followed by an endearment, Tav's knees felt weak. They couldn't have stayed standing if they had wanted to.