1-1

0-1 - Buttercups

Status:
- Unedited
- Rewritten 

-.-

You cried in your cell, your bruises burned, and you were sure that your cuts were infected. Your face was barely recognizable, but what hurt the most was the inner wounds of betrayal. 

-.-

But this isn't the beginning of my story. I think we should start at the beginning, shall we? So that you have all of the context needed.

-.-

When I was born, I grew up with one friend, Draco Malfoy. The Malfoys and the Amaryllis have been friends for many generations, ending with me.  

My dad has always been overprotective, so Draco and his family were the only people I ever interacted with. I never even left my home until I got my acceptance letter into Hogwarts, but let's not get ahead of myself.

You sat in the library, lying on your side as Draco read The Princess and the Cobbler when his mother entered the room with many letters, "Children, they're here!"

You both sat up hurriedly as his mother started to separate the letters by name orders, it took a bit for your house elf to return with your letters, "which school do you want to go to?"

You looked at the blonde, "Hopefully, Hogwarts, that's where most of my family has gone for years. What about you?"

"I'm going to whatever school you're going to." Draco said boredly, dropping his letters to the side as he waited for you to skim through your hundreds of acceptance letters.

"Why is that?" You questioned, picking up the letter with the Hogwarts emblem on it.

"Why would I go to a school that you're not in? I'm not interested in making new friends, but unfortunately, making connections is a vital part of being successful. If I had it my way, the only person I would ever know would be you." He watched you open your letter as he picked his up.