1-2

0-2 - Holly

Status:
Edited (1)

-.-

As soon as I entered the shop, a wand flew towards me, making a buzzing noise.

"I see she found her sister." A voice from the back of the shop boomed.

"Hello." The man's eyes widened, "why of course, that's your wand."

The man had me take the box and try the wand, just to be sure.

I flicked the wand, and it created bubbles that popped, making shimmers fall to the ground.

"She's your wand, alright. Take care of her. It's not every day that a wand has a Peryton core." The older man smiled at you as you moved back.

I was looking at holsters for your wand to strap to your side when the adults started speaking, "That's nice and all, Mr. Ollivander, but we need something durable and reliable for my son."

I picked up white leather and turned towards Draco, pulling a matching dark brown one for him and waited for the side as the shop became disorganized.

However, his search for a wand ended quickly when his wand cleared the ruckus he had caused.

I handed Draco the holster, and he gave me an appreciative nod.

His father paid for the items and left the store, I followed behind both blondes.

When walking down the street, I accidentally bumped arms with someone, "I'm so sorry."

The boy looked at me in shock, his shaggy brown hair barely reaching above his eyes, "it's alright..."

"Y/n, we have a few more shops, we must go." Draco held my hand as he looked the boy up and down, "come along."

He held my hand and dragged me away, upset that I would talk to someone other than him.

I didn't know it then, but that blue-eyed, messy boy would be one of my closest friends.

-.-

I walked swiftly by Draco's side, trying to match him and his father's pace. The train station was large and full of people, and I didn't want to get separated.

You think that I'd like being around people, but this was the first time I had anxiety.

I followed Mr. Malfoy through the train station, even when he walked straight into a wall. I expected to run into a wall, not end up on a separate platform altogether. 

This one had less people but was much louder, people and children were buzzing about trying to get their affairs in order before boarding the train. The house elves had already loaded my bags on the trains. 

 Draco and I each held a satchel that held personal items that would keep us occupied during the train ride. The tall blonde man turned, his cane hitting the ground sharply, gaining my attention.

"Children, this is where I leave you. Draco, I expect you to not only get the right house but look after Y/n as well." He didn't spare his son a glance. 

Mr. Malfoy nodded, then Draco held my hand and led me off of the platform and into the train. We walked into an empty trolley, sitting across from each other as Draco stared at his father who stood there, emotionless.

"He loves you, a lot. I just don't think he knows how to show it." I looked at Draco who was still staring out the window, "Dray, he's not going to wave."

Draco turned to me, the sadness in his eyes was more than apparent, "I know, but I don't want to miss it in case he does."

I sat there waiting for Draco to stop looking out the window. And he didn't until the train moved fully out of the station and his father was no longer in view. He sighed, pushing his sadness down into the depths of his soul as he looked at me.

I could read Draco just as well as he could read me. 

He pats the empty spot next to him and I moved over, "read to me."

Words were never needed. 

I look through the small selection I had with me, "Informational, forbidden, or regular?"

Draco looked at me with a small smirk, "I'm feeling adventurous, forbidden."

I smile, pulling a muggle book from my satchel, "Pride and Prejudice." 

Draco would never admit that he loves cheesy romances, so when he found out that his house elf could go to the muggle world and retrieve muggle books and send them to me, we started to build a library of forbidden books.

"Where were we?" I looked to Draco as he thought for a moment.

"Elizabeth walked to the Bingley's for her sister." Draco concluded as he slouched against me.

"Right, right." I started to read the manuscript as the train's engine rumbled. 

About fifteen minutes into reading, the door to the compartment slid open, revealing three boys who each carried small backpacks, "is this lot full?"

These boys caused much trouble.

Draco stopped playing with my hair to greet the boys who interrupted our reading session, "No, you may sit across from us, there's room on that side."

The two boys looked to each other before moving to the opposite side of the trolley.' The dark-skinned boy waited for the other two to sit down as you put the book away.

"This is Crabbe and Goyle, I'm Blaise, we're first year students. What about you?" The boy finally sat down, looking at the pair in front of him with great interest.

Not so much Blaise, but the other two.

"I'm Draco Malfoy, and this is Y/n Amaryllis." He spoke coldly, letting them know he wasn't open to newcomers.

They were like whispering vipers.

"Amaryllis? Like the Alchemists?" The boy with brown eyes looked at me, it made me uncomfortable.

Draco nodded before pulling out a different book, "Don't stare."

The three boys immediately looked away before starting to whisper among themselves while Draco turned towards me, "ignore them. They're fools. Focus on the book until we get to Hogwarts."

Draco's arm slung around me, making me more comfortable in the situation we were in, but I was fine with that. 

It would just be a very long train ride.