13. Letter

AENYS POV (follows chapter 12)

I watched as Saerea left disappointed in the words I would have expected, I looked over to Helaena and felt the shame rise in me, "I'm sorry Helaena." I whispered, I walked with little dignity as I looked at the paper in front of me, it was a letter from Sharra Royce, my future wife.

Dear my future love,

I am happy to hear of our marriage, to be married to a prince of the realm, is to be among the seven. I look forward at us meeting at your sisters wedding, and for when you come and visit Runestone for our honeymoon. I hope to be the best of wives and mothers for you for our entire life.

Yours Always,
Sharra Royce.

I wanted to crumble the paper, for it made me realize how much longer I could keep me and Saerea love a secret from the seven kingdoms. I heard movement coming from the room as I heard my sister yawn, "Aenys?" I heard Helaena say, "Helaena." I said with a forced smile.

"What time is it?" She asked yawning, "It's still night outside, you might want to go to your chambers and sleep." She nodded and got up, but she wobbled a bit, "Will you call Maerial to dress me in my dress in the morning?" "Of course." I said humbly, she walked out of the door and into the halls.

I looked at the letter again and decided to compose one of my own for Sharra, I didn't want to lie to her and call her, 'my love' I wanted to make sure I started our engagement with the truth, I stared at the paper that was blank.

"Aenys." I heard a voice yell, I looked up to a see the throne room while snow was falling, I looked to see Saerea standing next to a woman on the throne, "Who are you?" I whispered to myself, "You are standing in the presence of Queen Laena, the only queen to the iron throne."

I was confused before I felt someone shaking my shoulder, I shot my head up and saw my mother in front of me, "Mother?" I asked groggily, "It is time to get ready for Helaena wedding."