20. Honeymoon

SHARRA POV

I sat next to my husband in the carriage, "Aren't you excited Aenys?" I asked him, a desperate smile plastered on my face, Aenys looked at me with drunken fury in his eyes, "Sure." He said curtly, I let my fake smile plastered across my face.

"When will we arrive to our destination?" Aenys asked, "Soon my love." "Don't call me that." He said to me, anger seemed to be the only thing that came out of his mouth, "Aenys?" I said calmly, "What?" He asked, annoyed by my pestering no doubt, "Do you love me?" I asked sincerely.

___________

AENYS POV

"Do you love me?" My pitiful wife asked of me, I stared at her with a cold stare, "Sure, whatever love means." I had hoped me saying that would settle her down, but as I looked at her face I saw she was not pleased either with what I said, or how I phrased it, "Are you okay, Sharra?" I asked her, she cleared her throat, "Yes, perfect even."

We finally arrived to Runestone where there was a small crowd awaiting us, I notice a tall woman with blonde hair, she bore a resemblance to someone I knew, I stepped out first because of customs and I was swarmed with children, I heard a woman's laugh, "I'm sorry my prince, it seems my nieces and nephews don't know what a prince is like."

She clapped her hands and the bundle of children lined up in a row, she stepped forward, "I'm Lady Alys Royce, I'm regent for my nephew, Lord Robert, he is currently taking a nap after sucking on his nursemaid's breast, please make yourself feel welcome." She told me, I nodded my head and went towards the castle.

"I should like some paper and pen brought to my room." "Don't you mean our room." Sharra voice chimed in, I stopped in my tracks, "No we shall have separate rooms, as to not tempt me." I lied to her, "Did you take a vow of celibacy, my prince?" Alys said in a joking voice, "Of the sort."

____________

SHARRA POV
(Night time)

I took a sip of ale that was left in my room, I stared at my hands when a knock came to my door, "Come!" I shouted, the door opened to reveal , "Jeyne." I stood up and hugged her, she hugged me back, "How is lord Robert welcoming?" She laughed, "Your son welcoming was quite an experience." I said.

She looked at the cup of ale on my desk, "I thought you were stopping?" She asked, "Marriage brings back the urge." I picked up the cup and put it to my lips, "Aenys won't touch me." I chuckled, I sipped the ale and swallowed the fire that burned the taste.

"Why not?" "He jokes he has taken a vow of celibacy." I barked out a laugh at the idea, "Whatever for? He already has a bastard." My sister surprised me, I looked in her direction, "What did you say?" I stared her down, "You did not know?" "Aenys has a bastard?"

She swallowed hard, "Yes, he might taken the vow for the mother." "Who is the mother?" I asked her, "It's Saerea Targaryen, the rouge prince legitimized bastard daughter." The name was familiar, "Aenys had her attend on me for our wedding." I breathed out.

———-

A/N: hey I will take a break writing this book till season two but please be more than welcome to read my other books.