Chapter 34: Bad luck

Now perfectly settled on the ground, Taehyung and Jungkook walk around the park and enjoy a pleasant conversation.

"...then the guy looked over at him!" Taehyung laughs, "He got so red!" He says, wiping a tear from his eye.

Jungkook smiled and his attention turned over to a couple with a dog, laughing as the dog chases them down and kisses them.

"Aww! That's so cute!" Taehyung exclaims.
"I love dogs. Do you have any pets Jungkook?"

"No.. I was never allowed one. My mother doesn't tolerate animals."

"Oh. Maybe she's changed her mind? Namjoon didn't like it when I first got Yeontan. Said I wasn't responsible enough for a dog. But I proved him wrong and now he loves Yeontan."

"Yeah, well you're lucky. My mother isn't as lenient as Namjoon is." He glances at the dog.

"Wait. Who's Namjoon?" He furrows his eyebrows.

"Oh right! You don't know who Namjoon is. He's my older brother."

"Oh. Good to know." He says nonchalantly.

"Why? What's with that tone?" Taehyung gasps. "Are you jealous?" Taehyung says with a smirk on his face.

"What? No! That's silly." Jungkook scoffs.

"Yeah right. You were totally jealous just now."

"As if. Keep dreaming." He crosses his arms facing away from Taehyung.

"It's okay Jungkook. I'm just too charming. No wonder you're jealous. I'm a catch."

"Pfft you? A catch? Get over yourself!" Jungkook laughs and nudges Taehyung, who dramatically falls.

Taehyung gasps. "Well how dare you! You asked for it!" He chuckles as he jumps on Jungkook. Or at least tries to.

He misses completely and would've face planted but Jungkook caught him.

"You see? That's what you get for bring so silly." He laughs and sets Taehyung back down.

"Hmph. I didn't need your help." He pretends to be annoyed as he turns away.

"Fine then. I'll just put you back." Jungkook grabs him and dips him down, keeping him a few inches above the ground.

But once he looked down at Taehyung, the once playful mood became more serious.

He hadn't studied the boys features before, but he was noticing that Taehyung had the most beautiful eyes and couldn't help staring at them.

He was so struck in his trance, he didn't see Taehyung growing redder.

"Um Jungkook?" Taehyung's voice snaps him back to reality.

Unintentionally, he let go of Taehyung and he falls down.

"Ow!" He says as his head hits the ground.

"I'm so sorry!" He helps him back up.

As revenge, Taehyung punches his arm and walks away.

Jungkook just watches as he walks away, rubbing where he was punched.

Despite acting composed in front of Jungkook, Taehyung was quite flustered with what had just occurred. He wasn't walking away because he was mad, he was walking because his heart beating loudly.

He was far away from Jungkook by now, so he decided to wait for Jungkook to catch up there. He looked around while he waited and saw a little boy throwing rocks at some ducks in the water.

He decided to walk over to the boy.

"Hey! Stop throwing rocks at the ducks. That's not nice."

The kid looked at him but kept throwing them anyways.

"Stop it." He walks up and takes the rock from the kid's hand. "You can't throw things at animals. How would you like it if I threw rocks at you?" The kid scowled and snatched his hand away.

"Leave me alone!" The kid yelled and ran off.

"Jeez. What is wrong with that kid?" He watches the kid run along the path. He sees the ducks swim to another part of the pond.

"There! That guy said he was gonna throw rocks at me!" The kid yells, pointing at Taehyung. This time he was accompanied by the three men that had previously chased them.

"You have got to be kidding me."