Chapter 4

Thursday, (10/15/XX) 4:00PM

Sen tried to steal the controller from Ryunosuke, but he elbowed him in the ribs.

"RYU THAT HURT!"

"Then wait your turn!"

"PLEASE GIVE IT TO ME! WATCHING YOU PLAY IS SO IRRITATING!"

"Guys, please don't be so loud..."

Amongst the ruckus, I heard scratching at my window. Is that Nikolas again? I turned my head and almost screamed.

WHAT THE HELL IS KAZU DOING HERE?

I ran to the window and signaled him to go away. He was panting like a dog and just stared at me, waiting for me to let him in.

I vigorously shook my head at him and pointed at my friends.

His tail stopped wagging and looked at me with large shining eyes. My heart started aching, but I couldn't let my friends see Kazu.

"Akio, you alright?" Ryunosuke glanced at me.

I shut my curtains and leaned against my window. "I'm fine! Just wanted to look at the birds."

"I GOT THE CONTROLLER!" Sen screamed in Ryunosuke's face while flipping him off.

Ryunosuke and Sen continued fighting for the controller while I quietly opened the curtains. This time, I saw a white fluffy wolf sitting at my window.

I tilted my head. "Kazu?"

It was Kazu seeing the way his tail started wagging when I said his name.

"Fine," I sighed deeply, "you can come in, but you have to stay this way." I carried him inside and put him in my lap.

"Akio, you have a dog?! He's so soft!" Sen ran up to Kazu and started petting him. Kazu panted happily.

"Yeah," I muttered.

The four of us stayed like this for a couple of hours until it was time for Ryunosuke and Sen to go home. After Kazu and I saw them off we both returned to my room.

"Kazu, you have a lot of explaining to do." I closed my bedroom door, crossing my arms sternly.

He transformed to his normal form and sat down with his legs crossed on my bed. "Niky and I came to visit you!"

"Wait, where's Nikolas?"

Kazu gestured his thumb towards the window.

"KAZU WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME?"

"I can't talk in my dog form." Kazu frowned.

I pushed my window open and saw Nikolas sitting under my window sill. "Nikolas!"

He looked straight up at me with those beautiful arctic blue eyes of his. He hummed in response.

"Why didn't you come in?"

"I can't."

I furrowed my brows while Kazu responded, "It's a vampire thing, he needs your permission."

"Nikolas, I'm so sorry! Come inside!" I moved aside to let him in. He struggled a little trying to fit his tall slender body in the small frame.

"Why didn't you talk to me like that, Acchan?" Kazu pouted.

"If anyone saw you SITTING ON THEIR WINDOW SILL, they would freak out. You and Nikolas both know how to scare someone to death..." Now both were boys sitting on my bed. "Well, why are the two of you here?"

"Did you get my text?" Nikolas pointed at his phone.

I grabbed my phone from the floor and saw an unread notification.

Kazu wants to come to your house. Are you home?

I guess it was partially my fault for not responding. I facepalmed. But who comes to a home uninvited?

"If you guys told me sooner we could've gone and hung out." I sighed. "I wasn't expecting you to come to my house during the day..." I wasn't emotionally prepared to see Nikolas.

Nikolas blinked. "I wanted to meet your friends."

"Next time!" I laughed nervously, rubbing my neck. "Well, Kazu will probably have to stay in his dog form if he wants to meet my friends."

Kazu crossed his arms and huffed. "It's not a dog, it's a wolf." He mumbled.

I scratched my cheek anxiously. "My friends also wouldn't mind meeting you, Nikolas, so I guess we should plan a day."

Nikolas gave a slight smirk at the irritated Kazu.

"For now, you guys have to go. It's dinner time."

"DINNER?! Can I have some?" Kazu's mouth watered.

Nikolas glared at Kazu and picked up the grumbling wolf. He came up to me and petted my hair.

"Why don't you pet me like that- AHHH!" Kazu yelped as he was thrown out of the window.

My jaw dropped as I saw how effortlessly Kazu flew out.

"I'll see you later." Nikolas's hand slightly brushed my cheek as he backed away. The hairs on my neck stood up feeling his cool touch. He jumped out and soared into the sky.

I put my hand on my cheek and blushed. I grabbed my pillow and groaned in it feeling helpless.

-

I jumped out of the shower and plopped onto my bed. I stared at my white ceiling deep in thought. I mean, I don't know him that well... How could I have a crush on him?

I grabbed my phone and started doing research.

'Everything About Mythical Creatures'

I first skimmed through the information about werewolves. Many facts explained his energetic behaviors and other information that I was already aware of.

I then found a page about vampires. I saw what Kazu told me about vampires not being able to enter a household uninvited. It weakens their powers if they enter a home without permission. There was a lot of other information I never knew like their heightened senses, having no reflection, and a full moon increasing their strength and thirst for blood.

I wonder if vampires are naturally muscular.

There was nothing that was mentioned about them being muscular, only stating they are naturally stronger than humans. I guess that meant Nikolas works out to keep his physique. My mind went back to when I first went into his room. I remember seeing how defined his shoulders and biceps were and the way his abs moved up and down as he breathed.

Whoa, how do I remember that? There was a reaction starting to happen down below which was my sign to stop researching and go to sleep.