WARNING!!

This chapter contains an attempted rape scene which some users may find disturbing. Please proceed with caution!

A taxi pulls up in front of a single story house, in a quaint, tree-lined neighborhood, and the engine emits a low purr as it comes to a halt

A taxi pulls up in front of a single story house, in a quaint, tree-lined neighborhood, and the engine emits a low purr as it comes to a halt. It's a peaceful suburban area, with neatly manicured lawns and colorful flowers blooming in the front yards.

The sun begins to set, painting the sky with hues of orange and pink.

Ellery, her face reflecting the weariness of a long day, opens the car door and steps out onto the pavement. Her movements are slow and deliberate, as if every step carries the weight of her travels.

She stretches her arms above her head, her muscles yearning for release from the confines of the car.

With a grateful smile, Ellery retrieves her bag from the backseat of the car, expressing her appreciation to the driver who nods in acknowledgement before driving away.

As the car disappears around the corner, the sound of its engine fades into the distance, leaving behind a tranquil ambiance.

As Ellery stands there, she observes the street slowly coming to life. The soft glow of the streetlights casts a warm and inviting atmosphere, illuminating the path ahead. The gentle breeze rustles the leaves on the trees, creating a soothing melody that accompanies her footsteps.

The sounds of the neighborhood surround her. Birds chirp melodiously from the nearby trees, their songs intermingling with the distant hum of traffic.

Laughter and chatter drift from neighboring houses, evidence of families enjoying their evening together. The gentle rustling of leaves in the breeze adds a soothing touch to the atmosphere.

Ellery climbs the few steps to the porch. She stops in front of the main door painted in a vibrant shade of blue, and reached into her bag to retrieve her keys, her fingers brushing against the familiar cool metal.

Reaching towards the keyhole, she realized that the door was unlocked. She gave it a little push for confirmation, and it opens, swaying gently in the breeze.

A shiver runs down her spine, her heart quickening its pace.She hesitates for a moment, her mind racing with thoughts of what could be waiting inside.

With a deep breath, she cautiously pushes the door open, the creaking sound echoing through the silent house.

The dim light filtering through the windows casts eerie shadows on the walls, heightening her sense of trepidation.