Chapter 1

The sounds of morning brings you the faint chirping of birds and the soft rustle from surrounding trees. There are many traditional Japanese styled buildings scattered across this enclosed forest which lay far, far away from the hustle and bustle of civilization. Dew forms on the greenery of this natural and man-made garden and the rain-drops drip down from the curved, sloping roofs.

It's a quiet day. But pass the wooden verandas encircling a certain house and through the screens of the shoji doors, the noise is much more abrasive.

"This is complete bullshit." You curse loudly.

"I wish it were different." Utahime sympathizes.

"SISTER!" Todo Aoi comes to your emotional aid, he cries violently, "BESTO FRIENDO!"

You travel back to jujutsu high in Kyoto from your time of solo study in other parts of the country, only to find out what had originally been entrusted to you had been passed down to someone else by the higher-ups.

With a clap, Todo appears next to you. He throws an arm around you, draws you in and his free hand goes to your cheek with endearment, "Please give brother my regards!"

Your smooshed face mumbles something incomprehensible and something along the lines of disappointment. You've missed all your previous schoolmates dearly and the thought of being reunited with some of them excited you. Kyoto was your home and now your willingness to teach dwindles. It won't be long until you'll need to migrate across the country.

"Gojo will be here soon to escort you." Utahime says as she strolls across the room.

With a roll of a shoulder and a fanning hand you brush Todo off, "I'm an adult. I don't need to be escorted."

"Ah, but I'm sure you'd enjoy my company.~" Gojo coos in a smug manner as he steps through the shoji door with principal, Gakuganji Yoshinobu.

"I'm sure I will." You respond blandly as all attention turns towards the two who've just entered the vicinity.

Utahime narrows her eyes at the white-haired sorcerer and then she greets derisively, "Gojo Satoru...."

Although you were slightly bias, (seeing as Utahime has been your superior throughout your learning years) you held no true distaste for the man (it was a kind of wavering uncertainty); not like Utahime who, for as long as she did, still had to deal with his unrelenting disrespect.

Gojo beams at his colleague as he takes in all the surrounding energy, "Still weak."

And then Utahime shouts a myriad of bandy words at the man as she always has done anytime they faced each other in person.

Clap!

Todo materializes instantly next to Gojo. Everyone knew how much he missed Itadori Yuji. And everyone knows of his undying admiration for the guy also. He says boisterously, "I will be glad to take (y/n)'s place at Tokyo jujutsu high!"

Gojo's hand goes to his eye covering and his fingers pull at his mask. It snaps against his head loudly, "I'm afraid not."

"You're needed here." The old voice of principal Gakuganji throws Todo into a melancholic state and there suddenly seemed to be a shadow casted over his scarred face. It felt like a dagger to the heart.

"Shall we?" Gojo speaks to you directly now.

"I don't need you to take me." Your disheartened self walks past the man and out into the open air without bidding anyone a farewell.

"Later gramps!" The white-haired sorcerer says to Gakuganji and then he departs disrespectfully with Utahime also.

In seconds, Gojo's long strides matches your shorter ones. He walks beside you and he questions if you're really sure about traveling alone, "It'll be a long train ride."