15 ~ Drunk

"Believe me when I say I always think of you. No matter how busy I am, no matter what I am doing, my brain is constantly thinking about you."

Ruhanika

Hearing his words brought tears to my eyes. Our culture has traditionally been harsh toward men. They must always suppress their emotions because, according to society, a man who expresses emotion is weak.

The things this man has endured since he was a young boy are beyond my comprehension. At ten years old, he lost his mother, and as a result of the kingdom's responsibilities, he also lost his childhood. He was saddled with obligations at a time when kids just played and lived their lives.

He still misses his mother. He is hurt and unaided. He was not even allowed to grieve for his mother. It is obvious he is lonely if he is looking to me, a total stranger, for comfort.

"Why are not speaking? Rooh, are you upset? I am sorry." His voice jolted me out of my reverie. He looked adorable right now, like a kid.

"Why did you drink so much when you could not handle it?" I questioned him sternly. I do not like drinking or smoking.

He looked at me and pouted a little, saying, "I am not intoxicated." My jaw fell to the floor. It is the same man who wanders around expressionless.

"And I am Katrina Kaif," I remarked sarcastically.

"Who is K...Kat...Katrina Kat?" His face morphed in confusion as he asked me. I could not help but laugh at his expression. It sounded funny the way he said it.

"No one, and now come with me; you must be starving. I think you should eat," After much wrangling, I managed to bring him to the living area. The hulk was not ready to move. I told him to eat, but he kept looking at the plate without eating, so I asked him,

"What happened? Eat your food."

"I forgot how to eat," What? I hate dealing with intoxicated people.

"How could you forget how to eat?" I asked him in disbelief, to which he simply giggled. His dimples were prominently displayed. He looked so cute right now that I wanted to kiss him until he could not breathe.

"I do not know, but I forgot, but you can feed me," he said, smiling. How can I say no to this face? Sighing, I sat down beside him on the sofa and began feeding him.

He sat like a statue, staring at me intently, only opening his mouth when I fed him. The playful demeanor had been replaced by an intense countenance. Suddenly, I let out a yelp as he purposefully bit my fingers.

"What are you doing?" He just giggled in response to my stern reprimand, which made me shake my head.

I fed him, then I led him to his bedroom and told him to go to bed. This is enough for the day. I need some rest; I am exhausted. I covered him with the duvet and turned to leave, but with a sudden jerk of my hand, I fell onto the bed, right on him.

It took me a few seconds to realize what had happened: he had pulled me towards him with my hand. I grabbed the bed for support as I attempted to stand up, but my hand slipped on the silk bedsheet and I fell back onto him. I realized he had put his hand around my waist when I felt a sudden touch. He flipped me again, and this time I was underneath him. What is with all this pulling and flipping? Am I a rag doll?

I looked at him, only to realize he was already looking at me with those beautiful eyes. My breathing became labored as I became aware of our position. I was lying under him, helpless, and he was hovering over me. He seemed to be looking directly into my soul. His intense gaze was unsettling me. I shuddered beneath him as his right hand cupped my cheek and his left remained on my midriff, making circles with his thumb.

"You are the most beautiful woman I have ever seen," he exclaimed, feathering my cheek with his thumb. I could feel my cheeks flushing from shyness.

Even though his words were untrue, they made my heart skip a beat. I am not beautiful; I am simply an average girl. I have a dusky skin tone and a skinny body that resembles a skeleton. I have been told my entire life that I should eat more because I resemble a stick. I have PCOS, which causes me to have both facial and body hair. Even though I have made peace with myself, I will never think I am beautiful. Money can bring you a sense of fulfillment. That was the case for me. I have money, which I use to make myself presentable.

"Then you may not have seen beautiful women," I said slowly.

"Possibly, but no one piqued my interest like you did. For me, you will be the most beautiful woman who ever existed," he said slurringly, staring at me as if I were the most important person in his life. My heart was hammering loudly.

I feel my heart pounding even harder when he slightly bends down. He kissed my forehead with such tenderness that my heart skipped a beat. I was just lying there mindlessly; I loved forehead kisses.

With his lips still pressed to my forehead, I noticed that he had dozed off as I gave him a slow glance. Who would fall asleep in the middle of a romantic moment?

I sighed and decided to get up, which was quite a task. It took me a while to get up, but I eventually succeeded. I properly covered him with the duvet. The library's bookshelf caught my attention as I was leaving.

I was back to square one once more. I was by myself at the moment. Without stirring up any trouble, I could search for the armor and depart, but the real question was: would I want to?

Even though I know it was self-serving, I still want his love until I can have it. I want to stay here. I want to live stress-free for once, without having to worry about the future. I want to investigate the depths of his emotions. I want to lose myself in him. Even if it is only for a little while, all I want is for him to be mine.

I made the decision to keep my distance from him, but it was ineffective. In the process, all I was doing was hurting him. I cut off contact with him because I wanted him to be content. However, the complete reverse occurred. I never intended to incite his insecurity, but I did.

I have decided as of right now. I am going to be conceited and focus only on him. I will go along with the flow. I will not hurt him again.

If he is not in my destiny, then I will change my destiny.

AUTHOR P.O.V

No one is perfect, Ruhanika has her share of insecurities.

Dev is cute.

Do not forget to vote, comment, or follow.