Chapter 17 Fresh Start

I grab my bags off of my bed my eyes shifting around my bedroom a couple more times. I smile to myself as I walk towards the open door. I glance over my left shoulder, still keeping the grin. Everything is still in tact... it has been ever since I first got the place two months ago. A lot has changed since then. I mean the reason why I came to New Orleans in the first place was to get even with Klaus and Rebekah and now I'm leaving with her.

I swipe at the light switch, turning it off within seconds. I don't bother to close the bedroom door. I walk towards the front room setting my bags on the couch. I unzip both bags, checking to make sure that I grabbed everything that is needed for the fresh start Rebekah and I are going on. I zip everything back up wearing a grin because everything is in place and ready to go. There's a loud knock at the door, that must be Rebekah back with her stuff.

"It's open." I call out.

The door slowly opens, I turn my head to see Aden. His blue eyes darken as he lays his eyes upon me. I angle myself so I'm facing him. I narrow my eyes at his expression, my body tensing with each second that goes bye.

"Elias," Aden whispers, "I heard you were leaving with Rebekah. I thought I let you know that she won't be making it."

My jaw clenches when I hear Rebekah's name. "What did you do?"

He smiles at me, I really at this moment want to bash his skull in but I've known him all my life it won't make him talk. "I didn't do anything actually, it was Rebekah and Marcel and something with summoning a guy name Mikael."

I step closer to him, my body raging with anger, "where is she?"

"Oh," he chuckles, "she's with Klaus right now."

I charge for the door not wasting any time. If Rebekah and Klaus are fighting there's only a certain amount of time we have to stop it. Knowing Klaus he'll probably put Rebekah back down... or worst. As I go to open the door Aden steps in front of me, his strong arms crossing in front of me.

"What are you doing? Get out of my way, knowing Klaus things aren't going to end well between them." I voice, my green eyes locking with his blue.

"Why? This is what you originally wanted for them to be destroyed." Aden replies happily, "you finally get what you want. They killed your family Elias, murdered them in cold blood."

I look away from him, "the brotherhood was at fault."

"So was Klaus!" Aden shouts, "I mean he's the reason the brotherhood found out in the first place. He's the reason why their dead. Does that mean nothing too you now?"

"It did. One upon a time. But this vengeance that was driving me crazy has gotten me nowhere... only people hurt." I try to reason with him.

"All for a whore." Aden spits each word hissing with venom. "That's all she really is."

I slam him into the door, as it rattles behind him. He wears a huge grin, one that I want to smack of his face over and over again.

"Where is she Aden? So help me, I'll-"

"You'll what Elias? Kill me? Killing one of your own isn't really your style." Aden chuckles, a hint of sadness behind it.

I release my grip from his neck, Aden drops to the floor with a thud. I look down at him my chest rising and falling with each breath that I take and release. I can feel a fire building inside of my chest, my heart pounding. Aden looks up at me his blue eyes are full of sadness, and a part of me gets it. I came for revenge and I'm now deciding to leave with Rebekah to start a new life with her... a fresh start. Centuries ago I stood inside my home, a horrid image left burning in my mind ever since I found my family dead... murdered in cold blood.

Only one word burned in my mind that night... Klaus. Aden sought to help me with my revenge on the Mikaelsons. We spent centuries looking for them always on their trail ready to hunt them down. But I never had the heart to do it.

"Where is she Aden? Please." I plead with him, "Klaus will kill her you don't understand."

Aden sets on his knees as he hangs his head down. "I do,"

Before I can speak Aden begins speaking. "She's at the Fleur-de-Lis-Sanatorium. You'll need to tell Elijah and Marcel."

I help him to the floor before opening the door and running towards my car. I call Elijah as I drive towards the hospital. I may not be able to get there in time but Elijah and Marcel can save her from Klaus's insanity. After a couple of rings Elijah finally picks up.

"Elijah," I say into the phone, "I know where they are. Their at the Fleur-de-Lis-Sanatorium."

"I'm on my way." Elijah softly speaks before hanging up.

"This isn't a good idea Elias." Aden reveals.

"If I get killed it's a risk I'm welling to take." I answer, picking up the speed as make a sharp turn a minute or two away from the Sanatorium.

Vote-Comment-Etc

A/N- Hey guys I'm so sorry that it's been a while since I have updated it feels like it's been forever. I hope that this chapter can make up for it. There is only a chapter or two left. What do you think is going to happen?