➵ xiao⁠

❝𝘊𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨?❞

╒═══════✰°
gn reader
high school au
1.6k words
°✰═══════╛

With a sharp sigh, you closed your laptop and slid it into your bag. After swinging the bag over your shoulder, you began to leave the classroom. 

"Please remember that I changed the due date from midnight to ten," the teacher called. The classroom emptied out as its students flooded into the hallways, you included. 

You quickly made your way to the school library, taking a brief look around before you approached the front desk. 

"Hi there," a woman greeted. Her brown hair and honey-sweet voice made her a welcoming presence. 

"Hi, is tutoring still available?" You asked her. 

"Of course, sweetie. Before or after school?" 

You adjusted the straps of your backpack. "After, please." 

The librarian typed a few words into her computer and turned back to you. "You've come at the right time, darling. There's only one tutor left from...four to five. Is that good?" 

"Yes, thank you," you replied, nodding. 

"And you're aware of the tutoring rules?" She inquired, raising an eyebrow. 

You shake your head. 

"It's simple," she said. "Just don't make a mess in the rooms, or any loud noise. Also, because we're a bit short on tutors, we ask that you resign from the sessions once you no longer need them." 

After you confirmed the rules with the librarian, she helped you sign up for the tutoring service before directing you to one of the study rooms. Clicking open the door, you saw a student turn around in his seat. His middle-parted wolf cut fell like dark silk down to the nape of his neck. You felt his golden eyes scan you up and down. 

"Hi," you whispered nervously. Although his eyes were admittedly very pretty, you couldn't help but feel uncomfortable from his stare. 

"Hello. You're here for tutoring, yes?" 

You nodded. The boy motioned to a seat across from him and you sat down, letting your backpack slide to the ground. 

"What do you need help with?" He asked once you're seated. 

"Math," you replied, fiddling with your hands under the table. Usually you weren't so nervous talking to new people, but this student seemed to be different. 

"Mm." He pulled out a binder from his backpack. "What are you learning?" 

You sighed, looking at the table. The tutor looked up from the lack of response as you continued to fiddle with your hands. Eventually, you responded to his question. 

"...I have no clue. I'm sorry." 

He began to flip through the binder. "It's fine. Are you in accelerated or regular math?"