➵ noelle

❝𝘐'𝘥 𝘥𝘰 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘺𝘰𝘶, 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸?

╒═══════✰°
fem reader
adventurer reader
2.0k words
°✰═══════╛

A calm wind grazes your face as you step outside of your home. The busy midday streets of Liyue chirp as citizens stroll about, enjoying the ambience. You, on the other hand, are just about ready to leave.

Not forever, of course; but as the newest addition to the Adventurers' Guild, you're especially excited to travel the world.

"Okay..." You huff, your backpack tightly hugging your shoulders. "First stop, Mondstadt."

As you leave the harbor, you feel a breath of fresh air enter your lungs. You've never been outside Liyue, so this is an entirely new experience for you.

I can't say I'm not nervous...but I'm definitely more excited!

You traverse across bridges and land until you enter the region of Mondstadt. The trees have become greener, and the grass sways in a melodic rhythm with the wind.

As you follow the path to the city, however, you encounter something. It isn't human, no... or, wait, is it? The humanoid monster with a horned mask and a wooden axe blocks your path. It towers over you, growling an incoherent language.

Your legs shake, glued to the dirt below your feet. You unsheathe your iron sword and widen your stance, trying to get ahold of your erratic breathing.

It's okay...I trained for this. I worked hard to get here. I'm an adventurer now.

You take a swing at the mitachurl with a yell. It stumbles back from your hit, but quickly recovers, even more angry than before. The trembling in your body gets more intense as you try to gulp down your nervousness.

But it's in vain. You can't move. You feel immense terror as the mitachurl gets closer, snarling with all its bloodthirst. You see it raise its axe, ready to kill you, and clench your eyes shut.

But suddenly...

CRACK!

...Huh?

You anxiously open an eye and see the mitachurl fading into stardust. As the dust flies away, behind what would have been the monster that killed you, stands a young lady with a greatsword in hand.

"Phew," she breathes, straightening her posture and putting away her weapon. "Are you okay? Are you hurt anywhere?"

"You saved my life," you whisper quietly.

"It's a relief you're safe," the girl says. "Although...you don't look like you're from around here. May I ask...?"

"I'm y/n, an adventurer from Liyue."

"Ah, Liyue, is it? I've always wanted to go there." She smiles in the breeze. "I'm Noelle, it's nice to meet you."

She looks into the sky, blocking the sun with her hand.

"Oh, gosh," she gasps. "I have to go now. It was a pleasure, y/n."

And she left just as quickly as she came, leaving you to stand there with a heart that was not only beating, but beating right out of your chest. After a while, you rapidly shake your head and try to organize your thoughts.

Okay, so...

What just happened?

You look down at the ground. What lies there is a drop from the mitachurl. You pick it up and store it in your inventory. Something else near it, however, catches your eye.