➵ chongyun

❝𝘞𝘩𝘺 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘵 𝘮𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵

╒═══════✰°
fem reader
chongyun pov
2.2k words
°✰═══════╛

"Phew..." 

You wipe the sweat off your forehead and watch as the abyss mage fades into nothingness. Another one down, and it's only noon. You have to shield your face from the cruel sun as you trudge through the grass, dragging your greatsword through the clear river.

Oh, shoot. 

Upon realizing that you forgot about your lunch with Xingqiu, you begin to run back to the city. 

Gosh... I hope I can make it in time. I can't handle another plate of Jueyun Chicken.

Your heart beating quickly, you eventually make it back to Liyue Harbor. More specifically, to Wanmin Restaurant. There, a very impatient Xingqiu sits with his legs crossed, checking his invisible watch. 

"You're forty seconds late, Chongyun," he says, cunningly, a grin slowly spreading across his face. 

"Ugh, can we waive it this time? Please?" You pant, tired from your sprint here, before taking a seat next to him. Xingqiu waves his hand in the air and laughs, dismissing your begging. A girl with short, blue hair with braided loops places a plate of red chicken onto the wooden counter. 

"Thank you, Xiangling," Xingqiu says. He pushes the plate to you, relishing your grimacing face. "We had a deal, Yun." 

"I thought it was only one time," you murmur, staring at the piping hot food in front of you. You can actually see the steam rising from it. 

"Hey, you can't back out now! Tell him, y/n." 

At the mention of her name, a girl in the kitchen turns around, her h/c hair tied into a neat low ponytail. She laughs as Xiangling hands her a plate of noodles. 

"I don't know, Chongyun," she says. "You're not one to break a promise, are you?" 

"Don't take his side, please..." You groan and hang your head low. The girl slides the plate of Jueyun Chicken back to Xingqiu and gives you a different one. A much colder and appetizing dish of noodles stares you in the face. 

Xingqiu sighs. "Always going soft on him, y/n..." 

Y/n shrugs. "Better off conscious than not." 

"You're no fun," he pouts before turning to you. "So, where did you go today?" 

"Lingju Pass," you respond, your mouth full. "There were a lot of abyss mages there..." 

For the next two hours, you and Xingqiu chat about a variety different things; a rite the two of you had been doing for the past few years. Every so often, Chef Mao called in one of Xiangling's friends with a passion for cooking to help her in the kitchen when he had errands to run. 

Xingqiu and this girl often bickered about this and that, but you? She liked to tease you for your vulnerability to heat, but never took it too far, and always made sure to take care of you when you fainted. Over time, you grew fond of her kindness, enough to call her a friend. 

"Next week, right?" Xingqiu smiles, sliding off the stool. 

You nod and give him a little wave. "See you." 

You watch the boy walk away and around the corner. Turning back around, you see the two chefs cleaning up the kitchen. "Do you guys need any help?" 

"We're just about done, but thanks, Chongyun!" Xiangling exclaims, smiling. She wipes her hand clean with a cloth and places it into a bin. You see y/n pull the hairband off her head, letting her hair fall elegantly down her neck. You look away, feeling a quick thud in your chest.