Chapter 3 revised +A/N

You screamed and thrashed as you panicked against the flow of the stream, "HELP! SOMEONE PLEASE!"

The stream dragged you down the river, thankfully the river was partially blocked by debris and you used all of your strength to latch on and drag yourself out of the water.

You stumbled limb feeling heavy, something moved in the corner of your eye. You see a purple balloon floating amongst the trees, it looks abandoned and you go to collect it. One abandoned thing to another, desperate for comfort and normalcy. Your tiny hand grasped the frayed string and untangled it from the rose bush where the string was wrapped around the thorns. You look around and tie it to your wrist your fingers fumble due to the cold.

"I'm so tired... I wanna see Papa." you sniffle trying to hold off from crying, "I'm a big kid, big kids are brave and don't cry."

Shivering you slowly walk following the light of the moon.

"Mr. Widemouth?" you looked around worried for your fuzzy companion.

"MR. WIDEMOUTH? WHERE ARE YOU?" your yells echoed against the vacant woods. You look along the river and its debris but see no sign of the creature anywhere, slowly you think that maybe he already got out and is wandering the woods miserable. "Mr. Widemouth? I'm sorry for being mean please come back I'm scared," you called out into the pitch black. The balloon bobbed behind you like a destress beckon, you heard the faint sound of a jack-in-a-box playing in the distance.

You stumbled closer thinking that maybe the sound means people and people means safety.

You go faster hoping to catch whoever it is before the song runs out, the faster you go the faster the song plays.

"H-hey!" you wheezed "Please in right here!" you called out praying the person heard your cries and stop but to no avail the jack-in-a-box tune played this time eerily slow and almost out of tune.

You stumbled and fell into the dirt gasping for breath as the cold stung your lungs. The adrenaline was wearing off and your eyes slowly fluttered as you struggled to stay awake, slowly you passed out into the unforgiving dirt.

You dream a hazy dream with the jack-in-a-box tune providing a background to a weird blue and purple clown. The clearer the dream became the colder you felt. The clown seems unaware of your presence and you stand there frightened and almost frozen in place.

"H-hello?" your voice wavers as if you know something is wrong.  

________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: I am so sorry I got sick and couldn't update. i promise i will try to update more often.