Chapter 4 revised

The clown turns with a lazy smile on his face, holding a jack-in-the-box in his hands and slowly turning the handle. The tune warps into a weak and eerie version of itself.

It stepped closer slowly each footfall accompanied a jingle of the bells that littered his collar.

You still stand there frozen in fear, the clown towers over you far more than any adult has ever, "hello?" you said in a quieter voice.

"Hello." his voice replied almost warbled artificially. His face still holds his lazy smile, his hand extends with a balloon animal. Your eyes widen at the the item.

"Oh thank you," you said kindly "Where are we?"

"Dreams or Nightmare depends," he answers cryptically, his hands start to work on another balloon animal.

You sat there kind of stunned by his flip-flop demeanour as he gave up and started doing tricks. The balloon you tied to your arm starts to pull on you, it pulls toward the darker corner. You start to panic and pull back, you reach out to the clown for help but he just grins wickedly his face blurring the farther you get pulled away.

The darkness consumes you, the feeling of cold emptiness in your chest causing you to panic further. You grabbed the balloon you found and held it to your chest, trying to stop it from pulling you further into the darkness.

"Kiddo?" you hear a familiar voice call out from the darkness.

"Ms Evans?" you perked up staring into the darkness. "Please save me" you cried out. Seeing a forum in the darkness you ran to it. You ran hard till you hugged the forum. "Ms Evans I'm sorry for being bad and running away. I didn't mean to."

"Kiddo." the voice distorted sounding like a watered-down version of Ms. Evans.

You pull away in shock falling and popping the balloon in your grip, you see a vicious grin accompanied by the faint jingle of the bell.

Waking up face down in the dirt with the plastic remnant of what was your balloon. The mud caking your runners and pants seeps deeper fabric making you shiver in the cold. Between nearly drowning and the nightmare you just experienced you couldn't do anything but cry out in despair. Alone, cold, miserable, lost and hunted. You felt completely defeated as you took shelter by the tree next to the rose bush where you originally found the purple balloon.