Chapter 2 - Cupid's Arrow

ᵃᵘᵗʰᵒʳ:Yall idk I got sick and about the daerin story...
uhhh well I'm kinda lost in how to continue it, I have no inspiration, I only have my imagination😔 and not much 😘
—————————————

Danielle was in decent spirits when she got home, despite the fact that the sight of Minji all over Anton was rather sickening to her.
Minji, in fact, had been all over Anton this particular evening.
However, her spirits fell when she got home. As she walked into the living room, she could see her parents were standing by the kitchen glaring at each other.
Danielle know instantly she had walked in on an argument. Nowadays, her parents argued a lot. Especially since it was revealed the previous year that her mom had an affair with her dad's partner.

The marriage held, but only barely. It pained Danielle to no end to see how far apart her parents had drifted. From happily married to just plain out of love to downright resentment.
Danielle was sure they were still together, just for her and Alice's sake.
"Did you have a good time at the carnival, Danielle?" Her mom asked with a polite smile that attempted to cover the tension that was plainly visible in the room.
"Yes, we all had a good time. You'll see I'm home in time," Danielle answered as she walked into the kitchen.
"We'd rather you'd have gone Friday when you don't have school but you've done well in your classes so we thought we'd cut you some slack."
Her dad said as he moved to the kitchen table.
Danielle went to the fridge and grabbed a bottle of water and walked to the counter. A moment later her mom moved to the table as well. Danielle knew that the second she'd leave the argument would start right back up.
As she opened her water she spotted two freshly brewed cups of coffee sitting on the counter.

If anyone needs a love potion, it's my mom and dad. Danielle thought sadly to herself. A moment later, for some reasons she didn't quite understand, Danielle poured one dose each mug, when her parents weren't looking. At this point, Danielle would have done anything to save her parents marriage; ever pouring a fake potion into her parents' coffee.
"Better than nothing. Who knows this crazy stuff might actually work." She thought with amusement.

"Danielle sweety, could you hand us our cups of coffee please." Her mother asked.
Danielle nodded and carried the two cups to the table and said good night, which her parents kindly responded in kind.
As she walked up the stairs she heard her father remark, "The coffee has just a hint of mint. I like the flavor. Is this some kind of special blend?"
Danielle's mother took a sip. "No, perhaps there was a mix-up with the label."

Danielle kept going and just as she got to the door she heard the argument begin to start up again.

"So much for a miracle love potion." Danielle sighed as she shut the door behind her.
Danielle got ready for bed and went to sleep. lamenting the lack of love in her life and in her parent's marriage. The next morning she woke, dressed and got ready as she did every day but when she got downstairs, she noticed something was off.

When she came down at 7, always either one or both of her parents would be there eating breakfast. When they were both there, they would just eat in silence and occasionally glare at each other. But today it was only het sister was eating a bowl of cereal and she looked oddly tired.

"Hey Unnie, where's mom and dad and why do you look so tired?" Danielle asked as she poured herself a bowl.
Her sister looked at her incredulously and pointed upstairs. "You didn't hear all that last night, mom and dad kept me up half the night. I finally moved downstairs and slept on the couch. I couldn't stand listening to it anymore.''

Danielle looked at her sister in surprise, "I didn't hear anything, was it that bad?"

Her sister took a long drink of her orange juice. "Of course you wouldn't hear it; you sleep like the dead. It was terrible having to hear all that."
Danielle lowered her head sadly, "I hate it when they fight..."
Alice burst out laughing, "Fight... Fight... you think they were fighting, are you kidding?"
"Uh... don't they always fight, as they have been for the last 5 years.''