4: Pirate Captain Black Rose

Shadow teleported into the ocean's waters, he realized that the ship wasn't there. So, he teleported as many times as possible with Sonic in his arms (still asleep) until he found Captain Black Rose's ship.

"Hang on Sonic, this is gonna take awhile." Shadow said, still teleporting towards the Captain's ship.

When he finally saw the ship, he used Chaos Control one more time. "Black Rose!" Shadow yelled as he got to the ship.

He was so tired from helping at the Boscage, he collapsed on the ground, Sonic was sent flying to the other side of the ship.

"Dread, grab Sonic for me will ye?" Black Rose yelled. Batten and Black Rose carried Shadow to the guest room that was in the ship.

"Cap'n, what do ye want me to do with Sonic?" Dread asked Black Rose as she exited the guest room.

"Just watch him for me, Dread. We don't have enough space for both of em' to sleep in a room." Captain Black Rose told her crew mate.

"Batten, can ye steer me ship for me while Dread and I watch our guests?" Cap'n Black Rose asked.

"Yes, of course, Cap'n Rose." Batten said, flying towards the steering wheel.

Black Rose went to the guest room to check on Shadow. When she opened the door, she saw that he was tossing and turning in the guest bed.

"Shadow?" Black Rose asked. He didn't respond to her. "Sonic! No! Don't leave me!" Shadow yelled in his sleep.

Shadow was loud enough for Batten, Dread, and Sails to hear. "Captain?" The three members of the crew asked as they quickly open the guest room door.

"It's Shadow, he be having a nightmare." Black Rose told her crew.
Batten walked into the room, Sails and Dread followed her.

"What should we do?" Batten asked her Captain. "We wake him up, quietly of course." Dread said.

"Shadow! Shadow!" Black Rose whispered as she shook his body carefully.

"Sonic! Where is he? What did you do with him?!" Shadow responded as he woke up.

"Careful mate, don't hurt the poor Captain." Dread told the stressed out hedgehog.

"Oh. Where's Sonic?" Shadow asked calmly as he let go of Black Rose. "Come on, I'll show ye." Black Rose told him as she walked out of the room.

Sonic woke from the sound of the others trying to comfort Shadow. "Captain, Sonic's awake!" Dread said happily, walking towards the blue hedgehog.

"How did ye sleep?" Dread asked Sonic.

"..... I slept well, how's Shadow?" Sonic asked the former Captain.

"Ye friend had a nightmare about ye." Black Rose told him.

"Shadow?" Sonic asked in disbelief as he looked at the black hedgehog who walked towards the other side of the dining table.

Sonic ran towards the Ultimate Life Form, curiosity filled his mind with questions. "What happened? Are you okay?" Sonic asked the black hedgehog.

The only response he got was a serious stare from the other hedgehog, he saw tears starting to fall from the black hedgehog's eyes.

"Shadow? Hey, say something." Sonic said to the quiet hedgehog.

"You... died...in my....arms." Shadow responded. He started crying, he tried his best to keep all of his emotions away from Sonic after Nine drained Sonic's Prism energy.

Sonic was going to comfort him but, something stopped him, something magical stopped him from comforting Shadow.