十一

I returned to my estate and was busy again with the dojo. Some slayers were eager to learn some of my techniques...

Meanwhile in the butterfly estate, Aoi delivered a box to Shinobu.

"It's from l/n-sama, he said you might need it." Aoi said.

The insect opened the box and she smiled. Inside the box was a lavender scent bag and some lavender teas.
"Aoi, please brew me some tea with this."

Daiki was still practicing the eighth and ninth form while also doing his rehabilitation trading with the trio. He started to complain and complain and since y/n wasn't there, he just decided to take a break. If no one tells the martial blade hashira about his lazyness, then he was safe.

"Mission y/n! Demon on train rails!" my crow announced.

...

Surprise.

It's a kizuki.

To be exact, the demon in front of me is upper rank three. Interesting.

I already assigned my crow to call back up. Since it's an upper rank, we must have him dead.

And according to his posture...

"You know martial arts?" I asked and he nodded with a grin.

"I'm Akaza, and you?"

"L/n y/n, martial blade hashira."

"Oho?" he chuckled amusingly, "y/n, I can sense your strength... how about a match? No sword and no blood demon art."

First time meeting someone who also knew some martial arts and I could finally test my own skills on someone. I grew excited.
"I actually wanted to ask you that too," I put my sword back and made a fighting stance, "I'm in."

The moon hung high in the night sky as the two martial artists faced each other in a secluded clearing. The air crackled with energy as they unleashed a flurry of lightning-fast strikes. I could count myself as skilled with years of training with my family, but I felt the pressure of this demon's supernatural speed.

My opponent, Akaza who looked like a basketball, moved with a grace that defied the laws of physics. I dodged the series of rapid punches, my body flowing like water. But each strike from him carried an otherworldly force that tested the limits of my defenses.

The battle intensified, he unleashed a spinning kick that blurred through the air. I barely managed to block it, feeling the impact reverberate through my arms. I tried to retaliate with a swift combination of jabs and kicks, aiming for the Akaza's vulnerable spots. However, the demon's resilient skin absorbed the blows, leaving the me frustrated.

"Not bad for a human! Y/n become a demon and become better!" Akaza exclaimed full with excitement, "We don't die and we get only stronger! Your skills would be wasted if you die!"

I laughed, "I decline!"

In a daring move, he executed a series of acrobatic flips, closing the distance between us instantly. I parried desperately, but the his strikes landed with bone-crushing force. My limbs felt heavy against the relentless assault, his strength far surpassing that of any human adversary.

This must be because he's demon. I might not be able to beat him in martial arts but I could kill him. Yet, our match wasn't over yet.