THREE

A fat boy had fallen into the dirty river, his face was covered in bruises and blood. He was also out of breath from whatever he was doing before.

"Holy shit what happened to you?" A confused Richie asked.

The boy just looked at them and continued panting like he had run multiple marathons. The group of 5 ran over to the boy to check him out and question him.

While biking the boy to the pharmacy, the group learned his name was Ben Hanscom, he was running away from a group of people, he didn't specify who but Alexa knew. While biking, Eddie started babbling about what diseases Bill could get from being near Ben but all Alexa could think about was the shoe in the tunnel.

How did it end up there?

Where was Betty?

Was she okay?

All these questions circled in her mind; before she knew it, they were in front of the Pharmacy. Bill had led them to the alleyway and set Ben down, careful not to injure him further. Once setting him down, frantic he stuttered, "R-Richie, A-Alexa wait here," He looked towards Eddie and Stan "C'mon."

The three ran out leaving Alexa, Richie, and Ben to look at each other awkwardly.

"Glad I got to meet you before you died."

Alexa and Ben just looked at Richie, Alexa sucking her teeth and Ben fiddling with his shirt. "You're so dumb sometimes, you know that right?" Alexa asked, directing her question to Richie.

"Hey!, I'm not dumb, I'm hilarious, right Benny Boy?"

He looked at the boy on the wooden crate, expecting an answer. Alexa just rolled her eyes at the raven-haired boy and leaned her head against the wall behind her.

Shortly after Bill, Eddie, and Stan came running back with a bunch of first aid equipment and Eddie started to clean Ben's wound up.

"You've got to suck the wound." Richie insisted, hovering over Eddie.

"I need to focus right now," Eddie said already annoyed.

"Oh, you need to focus?" Richie historically asked.

Already sensing an argument about to ensue, Alexa started looking at the filthy alleyway. Then she saw Bill outside the alley looking at something. She tilted her head but then saw what Bill was looking at. It wasn't a something, it was a someone, the someone being Beverly Marsh.

Alexa had heard of Beverly because of the rumors about her and when Bowers compared her to the redhead. She saw Beverly turn her head and thankfully stopped staring at the two before she saw her.

Out of the corner of her eye, she saw her start walking into the alley heading for Ben. Alexa pushed herself off the wall and walked toward the group with her arms hanging at her side.

"Are you okay, that looks like it hurts?" Beverly asked a sheepish Ben.

"No -, I'm good, I just fell," Ben replied with a small smile, Alexa smiled at that, trying not to giggle at the lie.

"Yeah, right into Henry Bowers." Richie finished, not understanding why he would lie. "S-Shut it R-Richie." Bill stuttered.

"Why, it's the truth?" Richie defended, Ben looked uncomfortable at the mention of Henry. "Are you sure they have the right stuff to fix you up?" Beverly asked stepping closer, Bill following her.

Alexa made a horrible realization.

Bill liked Beverly.

No wonder he looked at her like she was the only one there.

No wonder he never looked at Alexa like that.

She felt like crying, but she couldn't at the same time. Bill barely knew her, heck she barely knew him. But she knew why he liked Beverly, she was perfect. She snapped out of her trance when she heard Bill talking about going to the quarry.

Beverly nodded at the invitation and started walking away. Once she was out of earshot, Stan turned to Richie.

"Nice going bringing Bowers up in front of her."

"Yeah, did you hear what she did?" Eddie asked.

"What'd she do?" Ben questioned. "More like who'd she do," Richie said. "Heard the list is longer than my wang." he grabbed his crotch.

"That's not saying much." Alexa countered.

Bill had enough of gossiping about Beverly and voiced, "There j-j-just r-rumors."

"Anyway, Bill had her back in third grade," Bill blushed while Alexa and Ben tensed up. "They kissed in the school play, reviews said you can't fake that sorta passion!"

Alexa wanted to throw up.

"Now, pip and tally-ho my good fellows, I do believe this champ requires our utmost attention," Said Richie, in a British accent. "Get in there Doctor K, c'mon fix him up" he shoved Eddie forward to continue working on Ben.

"Why don't you shut the fuck up?" Eddie retorted back.

While they continued to argue Alexa just crossed her arms and waited for Eddie to finish.

"A-Alexa?" She knew who it was by the stutter, she turned to him, waiting for him to continue.

"I, uh, w-wanted t-t-to say sorry for n-not telling you we w-were goi-going to the quarry." She was taken aback by his apology, thinking their hangout was a one-time thing. "No, it's fine, we just met anyway." Alexa smiled at him and began to look back at the 4 boys in front of them.

"Y-Yeah, so I-I t-talked to th-the others a-and they s-said you could c-come too."

"Really?" Even though she was screaming inside, she managed to keep her cool and answer normally.

"Mhm, I-I'll c-call you later." He flashed a closed-mouth smile and looked back at his friends like it was nothing. But to Alexa, this meant so much,

had she found a group of friends?