A Power of Your Own

There is a flash of light and the two appear on a new platform. The pattern was constructed with various reds and yellows. A young woman with flowing blonde hair was on the surface. Her eyes were closed and it seemed as though she was resting in a field of thorns. She slept in her purple dress, a rose held in her hands.

Despite the scene not differing very much from those prior, the air was completely different. It was intense, feeling like each step was leading them to their impending doom.

They hesitantly walk to the center of the platform. They waited for a bright light, or even an obscure command from the mysterious voice, but nothing of the sort was there to lead them. Instead, they were greeted by the shadow-like creatures from earlier. They snarl like ravenous hounds being deprived of their well-deserved meal.

The two take on the same strategy they used prior. Sora attacks as Akira announces the attacks coming from nearby enemies. Their teamwork had clearly improved since the last time they fought. Sora found himself defeating the creatures easily, training his ears to listen to what Akira shouts to him.

As they defeat the final creature, a light shines down on the platform. The light produced a glowing green circle. Its warm aura welcomed the two and they found themselves approaching it. As the two reach it, any damage that had been inflicted was healed instantaneously.

Akira poked her arm, directly where she earned a gash. She was astonished by the healing power. The two examined each other in amazement, unable to comprehend how they were healed so easily and quickly. Akira removed the bottle of green liquid from her pocket, wondering if it would have the same effect.

The two quickly regain focus once realizing that they were distracted. This unnatural domain already served to be unpredictable. They had to keep their guard up, expect the unexpected. As Akira steps out of the healing circle, it's light splits off toward the edge of the platform.

A stained glass staircase appeared, one tile at a time. The stairway connected one level to another. The two follow the array of color and run up the staircase, wondering where it was leading them. After some time they arrive onto the new platform.

The platform contained an illustration of one more woman in the center. This woman had half of her brown hair tied into a bun while the rest was out. The respectful young woman had her eyes shut and exhibited a serious air around her. She established her poise through a proper curtsy.

As Sora reaches the top of the staircase, he hunches over and starts panting for air. He placed his hands on his shaky knees to keep them from failing at the last minute. He curses himself for not taking his races with a certain silverette seriously. It was clear that he did not have much stamina or endurance to work with.

Sora looked up for a brief moment as he heard the light pitter patter of Akira's footsteps. Sora attempts to voice a complaint or request her to slow down but no words manage to fall from his lips. Akira was steadily approaching the center of the platform. Yet another light shone down, luring the two like a sirens call.

Once Sora realized that Akira wouldn't be stopping, he groaned. He took a few more moments to catch his breath before getting up to follow his friend. Their venture comes to an abrupt stop as they feel a light rumble from beneath the soles of their feet. There was something coming.

"The closer you get to the light, the greater your shadow becomes"
the voice says.

The two watch as the light glows brighter. Akira recited the statement in her head multiple times, attempting to identify a code from between the lines. Each second she lingers on deciphering the message, she feels her eyes trail to the ground behind her. Her shadow had grown longer, as expected.  But... There was something odd about it.