The Planned Escapade

When Akira wakes up, there is not much that she remembers. All of her memories from the day prior flash rapidly in her mind, too quickly for her to keep up with.

A wave of nausea hits at once and she raises her hand to cover her mouth. Instead of feeling her own skin, she felt the bandage wrapped around her hand.

She looks at both of her hands and attempts to remember what happened to them. She remembers a burning sensation and hisses in pain as she feels her hands start to hurt.

She closes her eyes and attempts to regain her memories but draws blanks. The two images she could remember clearly are a bottle of green liquid and Sora.

Akira digs into her pocket and pulls out the vial. She purses her lips as her brain racks around an idea. She delicately unwrapped the bandages from her hand. She looked between her exposed hand and the vial before letting a miniature drop slip from the rim.

Once making contact with her palm, her hand stings violently and smoke rises. She hisses in pain and grabs her wrist, attempting to stop herself from clenching her hand as a reflex.

She opens a single eye and is shocked to see the blisters slowly healing. She smiles despite the pain she feels and pours the rest of the liquid on her hands.

She hears the door to the room open but fails to process the person entering. They rush to her side and scoop her hands into theirs. In one hand they hold the old bandages and in the other, they seize Akira's wrist. Akira blinks owlishly at them as they glare up at her.

"Akira, what the hell?!" they exclaim, a mix of fear and annoyance in their tone.

Akira looks down to her friend. The sun shone brightly through the window and onto their silver locks. Their light blue eyes glare up at her. They look at the undone bandages left on the bed and start to squeeze their hands tightly around hers.

"Ow! Riku, you're going to crush my hands to bits!" Akira comments, voice shaking from the pain.

Riku, noticing the pained expression on Akira's face, grows mindful of the tightness of his grip and is sure to apply less force. Despite it all, he still does not excuse her own actions. He clutches her hands, glazing his eyes over the backs for some times before narrowing his eyes at her face.

"You're the one who ripped off the bandages without letting your hands fully heal yet" Riku comments.

He presses his thumb on the back of her hand and she flinches a bit in pain. Riku gives her a blank stare, her reaction proving his point further. Akira realizes this and sighs. She pulls her hands away before turning her palms to him.

"But, Riku. Look!" Akira pleads.

Riku grabs her wrists and lightly places her arms atop her legs, palms faced up.

"Stop, Akira. Just let me treat it..." Riku

Akira opens her mouth to argue further but Riku manages to keep her silent. She huffs in annoyance and shifts around until she sits comfortably on the mattress. She watches as Riku gently slathers ointment over her hands.

"You're so insistent" Akira says with the roll of her eyes.

She was a bit annoyed with Riku ignoring her, but was amused to see him so concerned and attentive on the task. Riku, on the other hand, did not find any amusement from the situation

"And you're an idiot, annoying, reckless..." Riku trailed on.

Akira shivers when hearing his icy tone. Each insult was like a stab to her heart.

"Okay, okay. I get it" Akira groans.

The two sit in silence for a moment as Riku delicately re-wraps her hands with the bandages. Akira tilts her head in confusion as she hears Riku sigh. Now, he stared at the ground with sloped brows. There seemed to be many thoughts rushing through his head.