A New Chronicle

"You rest up" Riku commands.

Akira gapes, jaw slacked. Riku starts walking off to acquire the materials left on the ground. Akira shakes out of her shock and limps after him, stumbling over her words. Riku slows down the slightest bit, allowing Akira the chance to catch up to him.

The girl steps into Riku's path, expecting him to stop. He appears to have no plans of stopping or moving. Akira stumbles back and keeps her steps in line with Riku, making sure he will not get past her. She trips on her words for some time before finally forming a coherent sentence.

"So you don't want me doing anything? Nothing at all?" Akira questions in exasperation.

Riku suddenly quickened his pace, catching her off guard. He was now very close to her, their noses almost touching. Akira was unable to react swiftly enough and rocks on the tips of her toes. Riku pokes her forehead, knocking her off balance and causing her to collapse. The silverette smiled down at the girl.

"Exactly" Riku confirms.

Akira frowns as the boy continues walking without a care in the world. Riku huffs in annoyance as Akira pulls the large lock close to her chest, securing it.

"But I want to help" Akira says in a pleading tone.

Riku forcefully removes the materials that she holds. Akira attempts to sway Riku in the slightest but she is not very successful. The silverette grasps the bridge of his nose and furrows his brows when seeing Akira's pleading eyes.

"If you really want to help, then rest. If you're not in your top form by the time we are leaving then you are holding us back further" Riku explains.

Riku walks off before Akira could utter another word. Akira groans in annoyance as she drags herself back up onto her feet. She begrudgingly accepts Riku's words and walks around the island, attempting to occupy herself. She digs her toes into the ground and kicks up stand with each step.

"Stupid Riku, always thinking he is smarter than everyone else. I mean, he is, but still" Akira mutters beneath her breath.

Akira spots the dock not very far away. She smiles as she approaches it and takes a seat at the very edge. She takes up a pebble, tosses it once in her hand before flicking it out and watching it skip across the body of water.

Once the pebble sinks, she loses interest and raises her head to look at the sky. She closes her eyes and attempts to relax, tuning into her other senses. The light calls of the birds and cool breeze fanning her skin put her at ease.

"Hey, Akira!" Selphie exclaims.

Hearing the voice of the young girl, another image flashed into her mind. A young girl with light brown hair, styled into three long curls on the back and sides of her head. A young boy with sandy blonde hair styled in spikes similar to Sora. And finally, an older boy with his orange hair in a coiffed style. Despite sporting their regular attire, they did not seem as welcoming.

Akira's eyes shoot open, wondering where that memory came from. She pays the girl, Selphie, no mind as she takes a seat beside her. Akira is broken from her train of thought as she hears another yell from behind her. The girls jump and their teeth clatter as the platform beneath them becomes unstable with a monstrous step.

The shaking of the dock continues as the young boy, Tidus, approaches the two girls from behind. The elder boy, Wakka, is the cause of the shaking as he steps in line with Tidus. Once reaching their destination, he spins his ball around on one finger. Tidus leans forward and speaks to Akira with a grin.

"What are you doing hanging around here?" Tidus asks.

Akira takes a calming breath in order to regain her composure.