Flashlight

As Castiel went to work people talked to him about what happened and said they would prey for Dean. Soon it was his lunch break, but his boss made him stay to watch and learn as he ate.
Jo came out of no where and sat across from him in the lunch area.
"We need to talk" She looks at Cas
"About what? I'm working!" He growls frustrated.
"About Dean and his career!" Jo replied
"What about his career?" Castiel asked with a eye roll
"Will his lung heal? Because if it doesn't he can't sing and dance anymore" Jo exclaims.
"Yes it will heal. Now will you stop worrying about his career for a moment and focus on him getting better. And for god sake leave my work!?" Cas asked a bit angry.
"Okay okay fine, fine I can do that" Jo gets up grabbing her purse and leaves.
Castiel made it home in time for dinner and sighed getting out the blender and making another shake for Dean.
It's the hurt we never wanted.
As Cas put the ingredients in the blender a few tears escaped from his eyes.
What we wanted we never got.
He wanted to curl in a ball and cry. Cry like there was no tomorrow, but there was a tomorrow.
And it's the missing that will kill you.
He wiped his face off right away and got the shake finished and poured it into a cup for Dean.
Cas made his way to the bedroom, only to find a sleeping Dean Winchester.
Cas ran fingers through his loose tousled hair and then lifted his shirt opening the cap, putting the tube in and pouring the shake a- long with some water down into his stomach.
Knowing that you've missed your shot.
Cas hopped into the shower the water sprayed on him gently and it's warm feeling soothed his body.
It felt like summer time. When he was a kid, he'd run through the sprinkler and get all wet. He then would proceed to put it under the trampoline and jump high as the water would hit his feet and everywhere else. As he would land he'd slip and fall because the trampoline got slippery from the wet, cold water. Those were the fun nights, especially when the sunset started to commence.
Cas flashed back to reality and got out of the shower changing into his night clothes and drying his hair off with a bath towel.
He heard Dean groan and walked over to the bed.
"Dean?" Castiel questioned to see if his boyfriend was awake.
"You shouldn't.." Dean mumbles trying to make a full sentence.
Cas couldn't tell if he was talking in his sleep or fully awake or half asleep.
Dean swallows and then repeats his sentence "You shouldn't..p-put up wi-th m-e" he was able to get out even if it wasn't so quick.
"Y-you still have...a f-future C-cas" Dean licked his lips and let out a shaky breath.
"J-just leave. I understand" he closed his eyes trying to not let tears fall.
Castiels lip trembles.
Why would Dean think I'd ever leave him?
Cas intertwines their fingers
"Dean..." he starts off
"I enjoy spending every minute I get with you. I am so lucky to have someone like you, and I'd never leave you. I'm always here for you, I'm the shoulder you can cry on and the person who can always comfort you through difficult situations. Don't you ever think differently about that. Dean Winchester you may be stubborn as hell, but that will never stop me from loving you the way I do and the only way I can. You can always call when you are depressed or confused and I will help guide you. I'll be your flashlight, so Dean Winchester don't say to leave you again. Becasue I will never, ever leave you" Castiel finished saying what was on his mind.
Dean didn't know how to reply to those amazing words that just left this boyfriends mouth.
So instead he curled up and cried.
"Don't cry Dean" Castiel moved toward him and wrapped his arms around him.
Dean looked up to meet his eyes.
"Thank you Cas" he whispers with his hoarse voice.
"There is no need to thank me Dean" Castiel smiled and kissed his forehead.
"I love you Castiel Novak" Dean intertwined their legs.
"I love you more Dean Winchester"
I got all I need when I got you and I
I look around me and see a sweet life.
I'm stuck in the dark, but your my flashlight.
You're getting me, getting me through the night.