Part 19

The man standing behind the front desk smiled at Lisa and Irene as they approached her. "Good afternoon and welcome to the Marriot. How may I help you?" he asked them.

Lisa placed her suitcase on the ground near her feet. "I have reservations under the name Manoban. Lalisa Manoban."

The man typed in Lisa's last name on her computer screen. "Ah, yes. Adjoining rooms with a single bed each. Rooms 326 and 327. How will you be paying, with check or credit card?"

"Credit card." Lisa handed her her VISA card. She knew the rooms weren't inexpensive, but her client had promised to fully compensate her for the cost regardless of the outcome of the trial.

"Very well, you are all set. Roberto will show you to your rooms," the man told Lisa, giving her a set of keys. Irene held out her hand to retrieve her set. "Yours is Room 327. If you'd like to, I can buy you a drink after my shift is over. I get off at four o'clock."

Irene made a face. "Not on your best day."

As they were waiting for the elevator, Lisa turned to her former lover. "He certainly seemed interested. You heard him, he gets off at four."

"Well, he's not getting off with me tonight. Lower middle class men make my skin crawl."

Lisa shook her head. "It's your loss."

*****

It had been a long, hard day of fact-finding and evidence-gathering, and by the time the two of them returned to the hotel, Lisa was exhausted. By quarter after ten, she had already showered, called home to see how things were back in Daegu and was fast asleep. It had been years since she'd fallen asleep before midnight, and it felt good to do so.

Only a few feet away in the next room, Irene was wide awake. She'd been awaiting the perfect opportunity for months the opportunity to once again make love to Lisa. Of all the men she had been with since high school, Lisa Manoban was the only one to affect her in such a way. She embodied everything she wanted in a partner: beautiful-handsome, successful, intelligent, and most importantly, rich.

Irene didn't want just any man, she wanted the equivalent of herself. She and Lisa had been lovers months earlier, and she was eager to rekindle the fire they'd started on her office desk back in June. The only problem she could see was the existence of Lisa's wife. But Irene knew getting rid of Jennie wouldn't be difficult; how could a twenty year old college student compare to her?

Dropping her robe on the floor, Irene listened at the door adjoining hers and Lisa's rooms. Not a sound could be heard from her side. With a sly grin, she opened the door and found nothing but darkness. 'she's sleeping already. Interesting.' Directing her eyes to the left of the door, Irene saw her intended under the covers of the bed, sleeping peacefully.

Carefully, she climbed onto the bed and pulled the covers from her body. Her eyes widened with surprise when she discovered that she had nothing else on. 'Well, well, well' she mused. 'I never expected this. Makes it so much easier this way.' Straddling her waist, Irene placed her hands on either side of her arms and brought her lip to kiss Lisa. Within a few seconds Lisa was responding to her.

Lisa moaned as the kiss deepened, her hands finding the slender waist of the woman kissing her. "Jennie?" Lisa groaned when she felt a small hand traveling below her waist. "I need you, I need to be with you. Please don't make me wait any longer."

"It's not Jennie, honey," Irene informed her. "Guess again."

Her brown eyes shot open, staring directly into the eyes of Irene Bae. "What are you doing here?" she demanded.

"Giving you something it sounds like your precious little wife hasn't been giving you. You were moaning like a woman who hasn't been touched in months. What's the matter, isn't Jennie allowing you conjugal visits?"

"Get out, Irene!" Lisa demanded, pushing her off her and onto the floor. "You and I are over. I'm married to Jennie now."

"Oh, please. I can do things your cheerleader couldn't even do on her best day and you know it. Maybe she could use a few pointers, she obviously isn't turning you on."

Angered over what she was saying about her wife, Lisa jumped out of bed, grabbed Irene by the arm and dragged her out of her room. "You aren't a part of my sex life anymore; you don't have the slightest idea as to what turns me on."

"Oh, I think I do," Irene replied, gazing down at her hardness. "Hey, do whatever you want, Lisa. Go ahead, finish yourself off. I don't want to anymore. Maybe you can picture your wife and moan her name like you were when I was getting you that way." Turning on her heel, Irene slammed her door shut.

Sighing, Lisa closed her side of the door and locked it, making sure she wouldn't be bothered by Irene again tonight. Looking down at herself, she shook her head. 'Was I really calling for Jennie?'