Bonus

"Honey," Jennie said, meeting Lisa's eyes in the rear-view mirror from her position in the backseat, "you're driving like old people fuck."

Lisa frowned at her wife but kept the speed steady at five miles an hour below the speed limit. Jennie's eyes had gone wide as she wheeled her out to their new car.

Another driver honked irritably and sped around them. Lisa cursed under this breath. "Lunatics," she mumbled, making sure to keep her slow, steady pace.

"Honey, at this rate, Samantha will have her driver's license by the time we get home," Jennie said, hiding her smile by cooing down at her daughter.

"Well, she'll be safe when she gets it," Lisa mumbled.

"That's my bad lawyer," Jennie chuckled as she turned into the driveway so slowly, they didn't even feel the movement of the turn. "Your Daddy's such a hellion, Samantha. Wild and crazy."

Jennie beamed a smile at Lisa. She snarled back.

Lisa watched Jennie like a hawk. She took her back to the hospital for her appointments every day and didn't go back to work for several weeks until her follow up appointments slowed down. They were halfway through August before Lisa returned to work for half days.

In the meantime, Jennie was trying to settle into some sort of a routine. Their lives had been in so much upheaval with the wedding, Ella moving out. Jennie was still trying to acclimate being a wife and homeowner as well as mother. It was enough to drive anyone insane.

Lisa had taken over almost everything in their home life, serving as cook, chauffer, dealing with the bills, doctor's appointments and taking care of Jennie and Sammy all hours of the day. Jennie wouldn't admit it, but she was actually quite jealous of all the time she spent with their daughter. She did everything she could to encourage her to go to work.

Lisa kissed her gently, unable to wipe the smile from her face.

"And here I was thinking about not going to school in fall," Jennie said quietly.

"You go to school in the fall," Lisa said kissing her neck and shoulder. Now that she had a taste of her again, she couldn't stop himself from wanting to taste all of her. "Buy a whole new wardrobe for college Jennie. I want you to be spoiled, baby. Spoiled and happy just like our little girl."

"I love you, Lisa," she whispered, threading her fingers through her hair and bringing her mouth back to hers again.

Lisa moaned as their lips met, her hand cupping her face. She nipped at her lips, soft, gentle kisses, savouring her taste like a fine wine. Gods how she had missed her. She licked at the seam of her lips, urging her to part them. She did so immediately, deepening the kiss, searching out her tongue with her own.

Her fingers tightened against her flesh. She wanted her. She needed her. She broke off the kiss with a growl, burying her face against her shoulder, panting harshly.

Jennie raked her fingernails through her hair. Her breath was hot and moist against her ear when she spoke, "Make love to me, Lisa."

Her body ached to do just that. But Lisa couldn't. With more strength than she believed she possessed she pulled back. "We should uh ... we should ... check on Sammy."

Jennie looked over her shoulder and then back at her wife. "She's asleep, Lisa," she said pointedly. "I want you. Now."

She ground her teeth together. "Jennie, you're still – "

"Perfectly fine," she finished, glaring at her. "The doctor said it's all right for us to ... " she looked away, blushing as she remembered the awkward conversation with her doctor, "you know."