Base Fold

When lunch finally came around, Onyx slipped into a booth next to Lloyd with a bowl of udon. Ori hadn't appeared yet, leaving Onyx to wonder if she'd gotten so caught up in making cranes that she'd forgotten. "At least the chow's good," Cole murmured. "Arrgh, it's killing me. What's under the trapdoor? What happens when you lose?" Jay worried. Garmadon shook his head. "Don't think about that. Worrying will only hurt you in the long run," he advised. "It's all I can think about. I moved on. I feel guilt. These are not good feelings," Jay said.

Kai shook his head. "You think you feel bad? Imagine how I feel. Our mission is simple. Tonight, we find Zane and get off this crazy island," he said. "And just how are we supposed to do that? You heard Chen. Break a rule and we're out. He's not gonna let us roam around," Cole pointed out. "Then it's a good thing we're ninja. Meet me in my room at midnight," Kai said, dropping his voice. "Which room are you in?" Onyx asked.

As Kai began to give instructions, Mr. Pale, the invisible man, approached. "You mind if I join you?" He asked in a nasal voice. Onyx glanced around the table, decided that there'd still be room for Ori, and nodded. Perhaps they'd be able to find another ally in him. "I don't see why-agh!" Onyx stopped talking when Jay stamped on her foot underneath the table.

"Disappear, pal! This is private," Jay snapped. Mr. Pale faded out of sight, leaving his tray floating in midair. "I know you're still here. I can see your lunch tray," Jay said, rolling his eyes. Mr. Pale made a scoffing sound and walked away. "What was that? He could've been an asset!" Onyx hissed. "Yeah, Jay, you were really mean," Cole agreed. "How am I supposed to know if we can trust him? See what this island is doing to me? It's corrupting me!" Jay exclaimed, throwing his hands up.

Onyx caught sight of Ori's vibrant hair in the lunch line. "Well you'd better learn how to be nice right about now," she said as Ori approached, bounce in her step. "Hi!" She said, slipping into the booth next to Onyx. "Woah woah woah, who said you could-" Onyx got her revenge by kicking Jay sharply underneath the table. "This is Ori. She's heard about us on the radio and wants to help us find Zane," she said. "Ori, this is Lloyd, Kai, Cole, Jay, and Sensei Garmadon," Onyx said, introducing the team to her. "Hello! Onyx told me why you're here, and I want to help," Ori said, taking a bite of her tempura chicken.

Garmadon leaned forward slightly, tilting his head at Ori. "You're the Master of Origami, aren't you?" He asked. Ori nodded. "M-hm!" She confirmed. "Why do you want to help?" Garmadon continued. Ori frowned, formulating an answer. "Because on the radio, it's always you guys and Zane. He's your friend. Also, I like Onyx. She's nice," Ori said simply. Her answer wasn't fancy, but it appeased Garmadon. He returned to his rice with an approving nod at Onyx.

Jay crossed his arms. "How do we know you aren't lying?" He asked. Onyx kicked him again. "Onyx trusts her, and I trust Onyx's judgment. That should be good enough," Lloyd said. In the rare moments Lloyd used his position as leader to give an order, he wasn't to be argued with. Jay backed down with a huff. Onyx gave him an appreciative look. "I've heard about you too! You're the one who defeated the Overlord the first time," Ori said, smiling at Lloyd. He grinned back, her infectious enthusiasm getting to him.

"Well, I couldn't have done it without everyone else. Including Zane. What can you do to help us?" He asked. Ori thought for a moment. "I can have my origami animals look around. They're good at finding things," she said finally. Lloyd nodded. "Okay. Tonight the ninja and I will be meeting up in Kai's room. Can you have some of your creatures check around inside the mansion?" He asked. Ori nodded. "Yeah! If I find something, I can tell Onyx," she said excitedly. Cole nodded. He hadn't had much to say about Ori, more focused on his food. "Sounds good," he said.

"Fine. I'll see you guys tonight," Jay said, looking at the ninja. Ori smiled and bounced in her seat. "Yeah! It looks like we've got our base fold!" She exclaimed. Off of Kai's confused look, she shrank slightly. "Plan. Base plan," she said.