The Day of the Dragon

Onyx, Lloyd, and Ori watched as Bolobo and a few other masters sank Chen's ferry. Cole and Kai approached them. "The palace and sleeping quarters are all clear. Still no sign of Chen and Clouse," Cole reported. Lloyd nodded, face troubled. "They're probably in the passageways," Onyx said. "What about Skylor?" Kai said, worried. "She wasn't able to pick her family, but she was able to pick her friends. And since you're her friend, that means so are we. We'll find her," Lloyd promised. Onyx nodded. She knew better than to judge someone by their origins. "He's right. With no way off the island, it'll only be a matter of time," Cole agreed.

Garmadon stepped up to the small group. "I'm proud of you all. You've done what the original Elemental masters never could: stick together. But you must not rest on your laurels, for your guard is down when you sleep," he said. Ori tilted her head, puzzling through the figurative language for a moment. Then she nodded. "If we sank the ship, then how are we going to get off the island?" She asked suddenly. "Wu is going to pick us up in the Bounty," Lloyd answered. Ori gasped. "I'm gonna get to ride in the Bounty?" She exclaimed. Onyx smiled. "I'll show you around," she promised.

Suddenly, Turner dashed out of the jungle. "Chen just figured out Skylor's powers can finish the spell. She's in danger!" He exclaimed. It took Onyx a moment to process his fast speech, but once she did, her face dropped into a concerned frown. Garmadon narrowed his eyes. "He's replaced his Elemental staff with the Elements in his daughter," he murmured. Onyx's lip curled.

"Where?" Kai asked. "Other side of the island," Turner answered. Kai spun around. "I'm going after her," he said. Garmadon grabbed his arm. "We all are. Jay, Zane, you take the mech and buggy. Cole and I will take the Roto Jet. Lloyd, you and Onyx take the dragon. Nya, how fast will she go?" Garmadon asked, jerking his head at the noodle truck. Nya revved the engine. "Fast enough," she answered. "Ori, stay here and help everyone else guard the camp. Let's get a move on!" Garmadon called as Turner scooped up Ori and ran with her, presumably back to camp. 

"Lloyd raised his arms, summoning his dragon. When it had materialized around him, he reached down and pulled Onyx onto it behind him. "Hold on!" He cautioned as he guided the dragon up into the air. "I wasn't planning on letting go," Onyx responded with a grin. Lloyd glanced back at her with a playful smirk as they flew over the island. "Oh really? You have a history of falling hard," he said. Onyx raised an eyebrow. "What is that supposed to mean?" She asked. Lloyd grinned. "You fell pretty hard for me," he teased. Onyx smiled, face pinking slightly. "At least I dragged you down with me," she responded.

Lloyd laughed. "Touché. But it definitely wasn't a painful landing," he conceded. Onyx's smile grew a bit softer at that. "Yeah. It's nice, honestly. I like these feelings. They're kind of... I don't know, fuzzy, I guess," she said. Lloyd smiled slightly. "I feel bad for still not taking you out for dinner," he admitted. Onyx shook her head. "Don't, really. Life just keeps getting in the way. It's like destiny is playing hard to get. Good thing I've already broken mine," she said. Lloyd grinned. "It's been a while since the prophecies have come up, hasn't it? It's nice to not have to worry about them anymore," he remarked.

Onyx nodded. "Really. I hated those. Who sends them, anyway? Like, I know someone writes them down, but where do the visions come from?" She wondered aloud. Lloyd shook his head. "That," he said, "is an excellent question."

The two made light conversation as they flew over the island, eyes flicking the trees for any sign of Skylor or Chen. They didn't spot anything, but after about thirty minutes, Lloyd's intercom beeped, and he brought his hand up to it. "What's that?" Onyx asked, turning serious again. Lloyd grinned and spun the dragon around. "It's Kai. He's found Skylor," he answered. Onyx sighed. "Oh, good. That's one problem solved," she said.

After a little while, Lloyd swept the dragon down into camp and dispelled it. Onyx yelped at the sudden vanishing of the dragon from beneath her, falling towards the cobblestones, only for Lloyd to catch her. Onyx grinned as he set her on her feet. "Not a bad landing," she remarked. Ori ran up to the two and gave an excited salute. "Nothing to report!" She exclaimed. Onyx laughed and snapped into a play salute. "Good job, cadet!" She said.