Chapter One

It was late February, and Augustine was busy looking at the new addition to his love letter collection.
He didn't know where the letters came from, but they just started showing up one day. It wasn't just any day either that the first one showed up, it was Valentine's Day.

For ten years straight, on every single Valentine's Day without fail, he'd get a love letter addressed to him.
One with no name, return address, nothing. It's just completely anonymous, with zero trace of who it could have belonged to.

He wished he knew who it was sent by, just to put a face to the words that always seemed to make him feel special, like he mattered.
The letters weren't even originally love letters, they were just anonymous Valentine's that were directed to Augustine specifically.

Augustine had no idea who could have been sending them, he didn't think anyone would have a crush on him, let alone go out of their way to send him love letters.

He wished he knew who this person was, just so he could talk to them, meet them, tell them that their feelings were listened to and heard.

He wanted to know who they were, maybe get to know them, and go on a date.

It was silly, to have fallen for someone just through some written down words. But those words were enough to make Augustine feel wanted, to make him feel cared for and special, to make him feel loved.

He knew he was cared for, but he didn't feel like he was.

He felt forgotten, abandoned, lonely, all those things.

He was used to feeling like this, and it seemed the only real escape he had were these love letters.
Even if he only got them during Valentine's, he treasured them more than anything else he owned.

He keeps them in a box, safe in his attic where nobody would find them. He wanted to be the only one who read them, who knew about them.

They were for his eyes only, and no one else's.

Augustine sighed, and read over the letter once again. He lost count of how many times he'd read it, he just really enjoyed the way reading it made him feel.
Each year the letters seemed to change, they went from small messages of kindness, to ones of genuine romantic feelings.

Each and every year the letters would become more passion, more heartfelt, and filled with love.

This year's letter was one that had Augustine's stomach doing flips, it was definitely a lot different than the others.

'My Dear Augustine,

I wish I could tell you the full extent of my feelings, but I'm afraid this letter would become far too long for you to read.
Let me just say, there are things I want to do with you that I've imagined for years, things I'm ashamed to admit.
You're perfect, and I wish I could show you just what the thought of you can do to me..'

This letter was so much more passionate and lustful than any other Augustine had received.
He slid the letter under his pillow, and sat up.

He'd save that one for later, for now he had to go get ready. Winnie was coming to visit him, and he desperately needed to clean up.

-

-

-

Winnie knocked on Augustine's door for the fifth time, starting to get agitated.

Augustine sure was taking a while to answer, had something happened to him? Was he even home? He said he was home when Winnie texted him, so why wasn't he answering?

Winnie suddenly felt a vibration from his pocket, and quickly pulled his phone out. He checked his notifications, and saw a message from Augustine saying the door was unlocked.

Excuse him for being polite and knocking.
Winnie sighed, and opened the front door, stepping inside before closing it.

He got another text from Augustine, telling him he was upstairs, cleaning out his attic.

Winnie hummed, and made his way upstairs, where he saw the steps leading to the attic open.

"Auggie? Are you up there?" Winnie called out, walking over to the steps and looking up into the attic. Man it was dark up there.
Augustine popped his head out from inside the attic, his hair and face a bit dusty.

"Auggie!" Winnie said happily, smiling brightly as he saw Augustine. Augustine smiled softly, and climbed down the steps.
"Didn't I tell you to stop calling me that?" He asked, remembering how much he despised the nickname Winnie gave to him.

It's not really that he despised it actually, he just felt like it was a bit childish.

"Yes, but you know I'm never going to do that." Winnie said, chuckling softly. Augustine sighed in defeat, there was really no arguing with him about this.
He'd just have to deal with it.

"Fine, I'll let it slide for now." Augustine said, crossing his arms over his chest. Winnie smiled, and suddenly hugged Augustine tightly.

"I've missed you." He said, his voice becoming quiet and gentle. Augustine blushed slightly, the contact and the way Winnie spoke making him feel fuzzy.

"I've.. missed you too, Win." He said, wrapping his arms around Winnie to hug him back.

It was nice having Winnie visit him, it had been quite awhile since they'd last seen each other. Too long if a while really.

Winnie pulled away from Augustine, smiling softly.

"You know you're covered in dust, right?" He asked, chuckling as he brushed his fingers through Augustine's hair.
Augustine groaned, and pushed Winnie's hand away. He shuffled his hands through his hair, wiping the dust away.

"Stupid attic.." He muttered under his breath, sighing softly.

He decided he'd do some spring cleaning, since his attic was a mess, and he was supposed to be moving out in a few months.
His dad was out of town for a while, so Augustine was left alone to clean. Well, not completely alone.

The reason Winnie was even visiting him was so he could help him clean and get ready for when he moved.

He'd only be staying a few weeks, but that was more than enough time for Augustine to hangout with his friend.

He'd missed him a lot.