episode 01

"Baba, did you talk with Jusuf Efendi? Can he bring the gems in time?" I spoke as I put the last dish on the table before sitting down to eat with my family

"Baba, did you talk with Jusuf Efendi? Can he bring the gems in time?" I spoke as I put the last dish on the table before sitting down to eat with my family. My father smiled,  foundly giving my hand a few taps.
" don't worry child . He will take care of it." I smiled and started to eat once my father took a bite. The table was full of happy chatter, my brothers Selmir and Bekir  bickering a bit while Jakub scholded them and tried to make them behave. Ayla  and Amina boosting about their new robes while Fatima, my aunts daughter and my adoptive sister looked at them and occasionally  gave in remarks that acted like fuel to the fire.

My aunt - my father's sister and my mom  are  talking about some recipes and what they have to do around the house. But they were all interrupted by Ferhat, my other brother who entered the house all muddy. A wide grin on his face. As he looked at me before running my way, he moved his hands towards me. Making me glance at them and with that we all erupted in giggles and chuckles. In his hands there was an even more muddy small creature looking at me with its huge, wid eyes. Moving his small nose and whole face, trying to smell me. He jumped out of my brothers hands and landed on my lap. He cuddled my lap while I carresed his soft fur. What an adorable little rabbit.

A few months ago Sultan Selim the first passed on and his son become the new Sultan, Sultan Suleiman.  That all happened  in September and by the end of the month an envoy from the ottomans arrived. He told us that the ottoman royalty will accept ascension gifts from the highest ranking families in Bosnia. And as my family was one of the most famous jeweler families we knew we had to prepare something. And who knows maybe this could help us break  out in Istanbul.

I was quick to jump on designing the jewelry we were going to gift them. But my father took the main lead in making the sultan's gift as we were afraid the Sultan would be offended if a woman made him a dagger. But as the men were too indecisive I had to help them finish it up. Once we finished Jusuf Efendi took our gifts to Istanbul.

It was now almost a week to June and I'm once again having to deal with my family's bichering. "Allah! Come on Bekir you can't keep doing that stuff at your age!" Ayla schooled Bekir as I held my head in my hands, not being ready for this mess so early in the morning. It also doesn't help that I don't really have anything to do today. My family has decided to take the week off from any requests and I decided to comply. " Ayliz I want to show you a knife I've made. I think your going to love it." Ferhat said making me smile widely and schoot to his side looking at his hands curiously.
Suddenly a bang on the door was heard followed by a loud male voice. Making us all shut up and stop what we were  doing. "Attention! Letter from the Tapkapi saray!" We all rised to our feet, women covering themselves before bowing at the back, me right next to my mother and aunt. As the boys stood in front bowing with our father in front, opening the door.

Once the door was opened we all kneeled down to receive the letter. "Hazretleri Sultan Suleiman, has  been very pleased with your gifts for their family and as such has decided  to reward you." as he said that  two soldiers brought in two bags of coins. My father accepted the letter and said his thanks  but as he was about to rise and we all along with him, we were stopped. And the messenger  showed a second letter that he then began to read. "Hazretleri Sultan Suleiman,  has ordered everyone involved in the creation of the gifts to come to Istanbul, Tapkapi saray. You will be expected to stay there for a longer period of time until completion of their request. You are allowed to bring additional two personnel or family members. The saray will provide tools, food and stay upon arrival .Date of arrival is to be as soon as possible ."