episode 04

My breath got caught in my throat , I could tell he noticed

My breath got caught in my throat , I could tell he noticed . I closed my eyes swallowing my own spit , trying to relax . " I saw these gems in the treasury . I couldn't resist taking them as they reminded me of the Valide Sultan and... Sultanim ." It took me a moment  to continue talking as I felt him come closer ." I was planning to create two pieces of jewelry as a gift. I apologize for overstepping ." My heart raced even more when he kept silent . I turned around falling to my knees . Asking for forgiveness , fear strucking me . I could tell he was looking at me , his hand moves towards my chin as he made me stand up making me face him . We are  now staring at each other's eyes  .  " You're forgiven , I look forward to it . Ayliz Hatun ." After a bit of staring at each other . He releases my chin before turning around and leaving .

It was now around dinner time , my family except my sister Fatima left to their own house . We expected to eat in our room since that's what we did for breakfast. It surely left us surprised when Nigar Kalfa come for us to join the girls in the harem .

I've never been at this part before , sure I've passed the hallways once but everything was closed . There seemed to not even be one soul behind the big wooden doors . But now it was dancing in chatter . The doors were wide open . Giggles, chatter and the sound of silverware clanging  rolling in the air . My sister looked at me uneasily before taking my hand . I squeezed it reassuring her before following behind Nigar Kalfa , taking Fatima with me. " I already told them about you so you really have nothing to worry about ." Nigar reassured us before giving us a slight bow and leaving . We looked around the glorious harem and the beautiful girls . Come glancing at us before returning to eat and gossip . Every single one of them was beautiful . " They're gossiping about us , talking about our veils . Calling us ugly witches ." My sister grumbled out angrily . Her temper starting to show , I squeezed her hand once again to calm her down  and keep her in check . And it sure did one of these . " Hatuns come here ."

"Merhaba

"Merhaba ." I said with a slight nod of my head . The hatun returning it looking rather satisfied. She gestured for us to sit on the two seats across her and we complied ." Ben Gülşah Hatun , I'm the closest servant of Kadin Mahidevran , the first wife of Sultan Suleiman and the mother of his only heir . " she spoke with such pride of her mistress and of her job . She truly amazed me , I could tell she was loyal with her whole heart and I admired that . I could tell my sister was a bit jealous as she rolled her eyes and began eating , disregarding the hatun in front of us . While I smiled and nodded approvingly ." Mashallah Hatun , you were truly born under the lucky star .May the Almighty give your Sultana and you greatest happiness and health . Of course that includes the little Şehzade and his majesty Sultan Suleiman Khan.
She smiled genuinely before replying with a 'Amin' and with that we began to eat . We talked a little with the hatun boasting about her Sultana ." As a matter of fact . The dynasty is going to have another heir ." She whispered out making me stop eating. I looked at her wide eyed , truly surprised. I looked around to see if anyone was listening and asked her ." What do you mean , hatun? The sultana is pregnant ?" I whispered out , she giggled and got closer to me , so no one hears. " the sultana has been acting strange a few days about the latest havlet , I'm sure . But I'm waiting to bring it up to the sultana so she can have an examination . Her period is late too ." She giggled out in happiness as she hugged my arm . I returned the same happiness ." Inshallah she's going to bring another heir to the dynasty . I'm so happy ." My sister seemed to have went somewhere else , she was now chatting with a gözde by the name Ayse . I decided to ignore her and talk more with Gülşah , which I found to rather enjoy. Sure , she liked to show off and talk a lot. But she'd hardly mention herself , all her praise and boasting was about her sultana . And something about that made me trust her .

At one point the dinner finished and Gülşah had to leave as her Sultana was calling for her. My sister left to her chambers as she said she was bored , but I could see this glint in her eyes . Something was wrong . Her craziness is taking over again . As I saw the girls cleaning up I got up and decided to take care of mine , Gülşahs and my sisters mess . My hands were full but I still managed to collect everything . " let me help you hatun ."

A girl come up to me taking a few things out of my hands and with that we began walking to the kitchen

A girl come up to me taking a few things out of my hands and with that we began walking to the kitchen . Her of course taking the lead as I didn't know where it was ." Teşekkürler" I thanked her and she kindly smiled . " Hoş geldin" . We arrived at the palaces kitchen where I meet a chubby man by the name of Sëker Aga , with which I exchanged a few jokes before leaving . " on the way back I learn the hatun was called Gülnihal . I learnt she didn't serve a sultana but she was very close to the current  Ikbal. I could tell she was a bit jealous when taking about the woman , even thought she avoided talking about her . I don't think she knows about her own jealousy. But one was for sure , Hürrem Hatun was the future sultana and I should stay out of her way .

While on the way to my chambers , Gülnihal helping me find my way , we were stopped by a harsh yell. " Gülnihal !" I sounded like a growl , I turned around to check the dog that was making the noise as Gülnihal flinched before letting out a sigh . It was the red haired Hatun again . What is she doing ? Is she here to bumb into me again ?. My eyes widen a little as I heard Gülnihal next to me ." Evet ,Hürrem ?" Gülnihal asks her reasonably annoyed . Hürrem was behaving like she owned her , but I thought only about one thing . How do I go away? The hatun angrily got to us looking me up and down in disgust before looking angrily at her supposed friend . Flame in her eyes ." What are you doing with this cheap witch !?" She spitted out making me gasp out loudly followed by Gülnihals gasp ." Hürrem !" She whisper yelled grabbing her hand . My eyes widened and my mouth fell open as I took a step back. Completely bewildered.

End episode .

Episode requested by dilaraaydina :) hope you enjoyed. Make sure to check my message wall so you can chose which story gets updated next !!