The Beginnings

JANKI'S POV

"Santa has a gift for you" I whispered as I saw everyone looking shocked at Megha where as she herself was shocked to see the feet on ground.

And there mom came hugging me.

"You're the miracle of our lives Janki"She whispered as I saw tears in her eyes.

"Come on. You making me feel outsider" I said and she patted my cheek.

"Are you comfortable honey" I asked Megha when she nodded looking at her dad.

"Da.. Dad. I.. " She was saying and Rana sa came near her bending on his knees to her height and hugged her.

Just hugged her for some good minutes and then whispered.

"This Santa is the best santa in the world" He whispered to her and she nodded looking at me and then she...

I was extremely taken aback at what she did while holding my hands.

She took a step near me.

And everyone of us had our mouth agape.

"D.. Did you just.. Just.. " I asked as a chuckle left my eyes with tears and she herself was shocked.

This Christmas was going to be the best christmas of our lives.

Of my life!!

I felt as if, I was rewarded with the best thing in the world.

I just looked at her and hugged her tightly.

"I.. I.. .wa.. Wal.. Walked" She whispered with a happy smile and I looked at her nodding as tears of happiness left my eyes.

"You did honey" I said

"Why are you crying mom" She asked

"Because I'm happy. Very very much happy" I chuckled and she wiped my tears with her little hand.

"Don't cry. Dad frowns when you cry" She innocently said and I looked at her and then at her dad.

Her dad who was still sitting on his knees with Megha's hands in his big hands and was just looking at his princess.

And unknowingly to me I was so happy because today, I made him guilt free.

"He can join the group hug. Well everyone, join the group hug" I told and everyone hugged us of course Yash bhaiya pulling him into one.

"You're the best thing that has happened to us bhabhi sa. " Yash bhai said and I looked at him as I made Megha sit back on wheel chair because it was not good to exert so much pressure at a time.

"Really Janki. You know ask me for World today, I'll give it to you" Dad told and I smiled.

The same genes! Giving world and all!!

"I've one amazing family. I don't want anything else" I said and he put his hand on my head.

"Though Brownies would be considerable" I said and everyone chuckled.

"Okay. Now doctor mode on. Let's have some serious talk" I said and they all nodded.

"The progress rate is 59%. It's really amazing but I want it 100% . Coming from zero to 59% took 3 months. So 3 months more. We'll definitely do it. She'll be running again. I promise. But Megha is very excited right now. We all need to take care that she doesn't try on her own to get up. Smallest injury right now can cause a big fault. So everyone, an eye on her that she doesn't try standing up on her own. And very strict eye for that. Am I clear" I asked