You Look Mine

RAGHAV'S POV

"All set to go" Yash asked and I looked into the mirror again.

Decked up in a golden white Jodhpuri achkan and turban, I looked at myself.

"No not now" Mom spoke coming towards me and I looked at her.

"Is there something left? Am I incomplete" I asked and she nodded smiling and then gestured Nivi who came with a silver box in her hand.

Mom opened it and picked out a neckpiece from it.

And I remember, it was family heritage.

Mom made me wear that and fixed a mod in my turban and then smiled at me.

And then I wore my juttis and went downstairs to see everyone hooting and cheering.

I was made to stand on a foot stool where some more ritual took place and then Nivedita came in front

"Ready Mr. Groom" She asked and I passed her a small smile nodding.

I sat on the chair near by and as the ritual was, Nivedita applied a little kohl.

"Don't worry isn't visible much" She told and I nodded.

I looked at mom who smiled and kissed my forehead.

"I'll meet you at the wedding now" She said and I nodded.

Though Rajputi baarat consist of only males, it was kept like that but all the women of family would reach directly at the wedding.

Bowing my head at Maya kaksh (ritual room) , I stepped outside as I saw a lot of camels were there decorated regally. The procession had men holding big red flags with the signs of Mewar Dynasty.

The sky was full of fireworks and I looked at the elephant decorated intricately which had a seat of silver.

The man put a ladder and I climbed the elephant sitting on it. There was a man sitting behind me which chanwar in his hands moving it to and fro.