5

Izuku didn't know how he got into this situation when he saw the fire he just ran in when he was told that there was a little girl trapped on the second floor. His body moved on its own. Besides, it was a little girl he wasn't gonna let her die in a fire.

"Hello?" He yelled, watching out for the falling floors and ceilings, "Where are you?" He yelled with a cough, and smoke was already filling his lungs as he ran up the stairs. He heard crying once he made it to the second floor, and the door was right next to the stairs. "Hold on, I'm coming!"

Izuku attempts to break the door down by jumping at it but only results in hurting his arm instead, "Shit..." He didn't have his strength anymore. The only other option was to kick it down, and it worked.

He heard crying in the closet and saw the little girl wrapped in a blanket. When he got out of the apartment, the way to the stairs was separated as the floor was missing, so the only thing to do was to jump the large gap and hopefully not harm the girl in thr process.

Taking a deep breath, Izuku ran and jumped. Unfortunately, the floor under him collapsed, and the little girl screamed in fear. Izuku immediately grabbed onto the floor that was still intact. Izuku flung the girl onto the surface to hang on more. The girl got up and grabbed onto his hand, helping up Izuku before he held her again and made his way down the stairs and out the front door of the building before an explosion happened.

The parents of the little girl cried in relief as they saw their little girl in Izuku's arms. She was handed back to her parents, and Izuku ran past them, letting them have a moment.

The ambulance and police and firefighters were there now, and Izuku was handed an oxygen mask for his breathing.

"You have some guts, kid." One of the firemen said, patting his shoulder. Another one showed up and told his partner that there was another person on the fourth floor. Leaving Izuku devastated. He couldn't have known, of course, but if he still had his powers, he would've saved both victims.

Izuku went back to his apartment that night, wondering if he was even destented to save people of New York to begin with.

His life was again falling apart right after getting back on track again.

What was his life supposed to mean if he wasn't Spider-Man? What was his life gonna be? Back to normal? People would miss Spider-Man and hate him for abandoning them.

Though in the next few days, Katsuki had asked him to meet at the usual cafè that the now trio (Denki, Izuku, and Katsuki) would usually meet at. It was surprising that Katsuki would even ask him to meet up.

Besides, he's messed up multiple times talking with his ex lover.

"Hey, I'm glad you came." Katsuki said as he sat down.

"No, I'm glad you wanted to meet up, I miss you." Izuku said.

Eew why did he say that?

Good job idiot... Way to get Katsuki back.

Katsuki just let out a chuckle and leaned on the table, "So um, there's a reason I wanted to, to talk to you, and I've been thinking a lot lately about what we last talked about - you know about you being different and my mind was playing a lot of tricks on me and I think -"

"Kacchan..." Izuku said, "You have a lot going for you, and my mind was also playing tricks on me..."

Katsuki stared at him, "Do you love me or not?"

Izuku loved him so much, but Katsuki knew why Izuku had to stay away from him. He did try to tell him that there were things he thought he had to do but didn't anymore.

That was the thing Katsuki couldn't get his mind off of.

That's why they were there.

Izuku took a shaky breath, "I don't... I don't love you..."

Katsuki had a saddened look in his eyes, Izuku was missing his opportunity to be with him, and Katsuki was letting him get his chance. Izuku won't risk his safety. Not again.

"Well. There's something I need to do... To determine that."

"What?"

Katsuki placed his hand on top of Izuku's, "Kiss me, Izuku."

Izuku watches as Katsuki leans in and closes his eyes, this was something he's always wanted but can never have, he wanted to lean in too, but before he could move he felt there was something wrong, he felt it. Instinctively, he jumped off the table with Katsuki in his arms as the window shattered with the car being thrown into the cafè.

Izuku's face was nearly in contact with the wheel as the car was passing over him and Katsuki.

Izuku helped Katsuki up, "Are you okay?" Katsuki nodded, and then both and everyone were hearing loud thumps.

It was thumps... Where had he heard this before?

His question was quickly answered as a man with mechanical arms approached them.

God... Doctor Otto Octavius...

"Izuku Midoriya!" He said before one of the arms grabbed him by the throat, making Katsuki yell, "Your friend, the bug, where is he?"

"I don't know where he is..."

"You better find him then," his other mechanical arms went right next to Katsuki, "or I'll peel the flesh off his bones."

"If you lay a hand on him..."

"Or you'll do what?" Octavius smirked before throwing Izuku and buried under the bricks and debris.

Katsuki looked up and screamed as he was being lifted by the arms. He didn't yell for help he just screamed, holding on tightly to the mechanical arms even though he was securely wrapped.

Hearing his best friend's screams, it had Izuku burst out of the pile of broken bricks and debris.

He ran out of the cafè and felt differently, his senses were coming back, he felt stronger again, looking down at his wrist, he saw the white webbings again.

Izuku knew he had his powers again, but there wasn't any time to sink that in. He had to get Katsuki back, he hopes he wasn't already hurt.