Before - The Hospital

*All Alice In Borderland characters and the Alice In Borderland story does not belong to me. It belongs to Shinsuke Sato! however, the character's that I've created and also the story that I've created does belong to me*

I walked into Sakurazawa University Hospital with my coffee that I had previously bought from Starbucks on my way to work. I started working at the hospital as a medical student a year ago. I had made some pretty good friends Mio and Botan. I was born in England, my father had met my mother there when he had to fly to England for business related reasons. It was love at first between them, my mother fell pregnant with me, gave birth to me and then my father moved us to Tokyo where he lives and they got married there. As I grew up, I found it hard to fit in here but when I started working at Sakurazawa University Hospital I met Mio and Botan, my two closest friends. I was quite cold and pushed them away a lot at first but they kept trying to be my friends and eventually succeeded. Truthfully, I am not an approachable person, I'm not a kind person this was due to my parents not showing me any love or affection growing up, they both saw me as someone who would Marry and have children when old enough for the family image. I had two other siblings, my ten year old sister Sakura and my twin Dachi, Dachi didn't have much pressure on him though, he currently wasn't even working and was just lounging about at our parent's house. As soon as I could I bought an apartment in Shibuya to separate myself from my parents. But enough about my history, let's talk about the present...

"Hey! There she is our favourite ray of sunshine" Mio joked as I walked into the cafeteria. "What?" I asked her confused. "You look very grumpy" Mio said laughing. "She looks grumpy all the time you should be used to that by now" Botan laughed. "You're both hilarious" I said rolling my eyes and sitting down at our table. "Is that Starbucks coffeee?!" Mio shouted energetically. "yes?" I questioned her. "You love me so give me some" Mio said nudging me grinning. "Seriously?" I asked her sighing. Mio gave me her best serious look making Botan laugh. I sighed and gave her the Starbucks cup, "Don't drink it all" I warned her but it was already too late, I knew as soon as she grabbed that cup from me, it belonged to her now. "Thankyou! Love you bestie!" Mio shouted hyperactively. "How are you like this in the mornings?" I asked her sighing deeply. "I'm a happy and positive person, maybe you should try it sometime? You might like it" Mio laughed. "I'm good thanks" I said shaking my head. I wasn't in the best mood today as my father at the weekend tried to arrange a marriage with Fuji Ryu, he was a doctor here at the hospital and he really got on my nerves. "Hey wifey" Ryu said walking over to my table. speak of the devil and he shall appear. "Wifey?" Botan questioned. "Aw, she hasn't told you yet? I'm hurt babe" Ryu sneered at me. We didn't like each other at all, "Told us what?" Mio asked me, she was very curious. "We are having our engagement dinner next month" Ryu said rolling his eyes. "I don't want to marry you, I told my father I will not marry you" I said to him disgusted. Ryu laughed and walked away to his table, "What's going on?" Botan asked me confused. "My father tried to arrange a marriage for me with Ryu, I told him no" I said shrugging. Botan nodded awkwardly.

"Hey Botan" A girl with long blue hair said walking over. "Hey" He smirked as she stood next to him. This girl was called Asaki, Botan's current crush for this week. Why this week? Well, last week Botan was hooking up with a woman called Chidori. She didn't work here which was good as it would be awkward. "Why don't you two just hook up already?" I asked Botan and Asaki. "Maybe see you later, Botan?" Asaki asked blushing. "Yeah" Botan said to her nodding. Asaki then walked out of the cafeteria, her face bright red. "You are so annoying sometimes, you got that?" Botan said frowning at me. I smirked at him, "Ugh! I can't stay mad at you!" Botan said pulling me into a hug. I tried to get out of Botan's hug making him laugh, "You really hate hugs don't you" Botan said laughing. "You have known me for a year? You should know that already" I said managing to finally get out of Botan's hug. "Grumpy" Mio giggled. "I know the coffee is disgusting but do you want to come with me and get some?" Botan asked me laughing. "Didn't they just add a vending machine in the hallway near the pediatric cardiovascular unit?" Mio asked confused. "Um excuse me?" I asked excitedly. "I heard rumours that they were" Mio said shrugging. "That's far from here though? Let's just get coffee from here" Botan said sighing. "Meaning you can't be bothered to walk that far?" I asked him kind of amused. "Shut up, come on" Botan said grabbing my arm and pulling me from my chair. "Fine" I sighed deeply. We walked over to the small queue to get ourselves coffee, "So, what's on your agenda for today?" Botan asked me. "I'm observing a surgery that my boss is doing, If I do well then she will be discussing my next steps with me" I explained to Botan yawning.