A parental nightmare

Danny woke up, stretched and headed down to the junkyard. He was the son for two inventors after all. And he couldn't afford the flashy stuff on a government salary. It was good enough pay, but it wasn't Bruce Wayne paycheck good.

As soon as he got into downtown Gotham he heard a chorus of shouting and saw a few heroes. Batman was one of them.

"Yo Danny!"

Danny looked over and saw Tom who was pointing.

"Two crack pots with weapons keep going on about ghosts"

Danny got a bad feeling.

"Where is it? Where's that ecto scum?" Jack hollered.

"Put the weapons down, I will engage to detain you and I will use force" Superman threatened.

Jack pointed the weopen at Superman and Danny knew he had to act. He ran forward and stepped in front of his parents holding his hands out shielding them from the heroes.

"What, who are you? Is that a Clean up crew uniform?"

Danny looked down and realized he hadn't changed his clothes before leaving the house.

He sighed and put his hand down.

"It's my job" he said in a half groan.

"And these two are harmless" he said waving his hand at Maddie and Jack.

"How can we take your word for it"

"They're my parents, they are scientists who focus mostly on the paranormal"

He turned to Maddie.

"I thought you were watching dad!"

Maddie sighed.

"I was, but then he thought he heard someone say something about a ghost and he saw the heroes. I think we both got confused" she said rubbing her temple.

Danny wanted to rip his hair out.

"Ok well, next time don't point your anti-ghost weopen's at people please, thank you"

The heroes had been watching this interesting back and forth.

"They're very VERY sorry" Danny gently took the Fenton ghost blaster from Jack's hands.

"These guns aren't able to hurt humans, but they are kind of untested on other species. If your going to have them arrested I'll follow along so I can bail them out"

Superman chuckled.

"No, this seems like an honest misunderstanding. I respect your parents field of work. I just hope they work on their weopen handling."

Danny nodded giving his father a stern look. Though Jack was like a puppy, it was hard to stay mad at him for long.

"They won't be arrested then? Thank you so much for understanding" Danny said rubbing the back of his neck.

"No problem, before you go, can you tell the clean up crew that we heroes really do appreciate you all"

Danny smiled and nodded.

"Yeah I think I can do that"

"If you don't mind I would like to escort your parents home. I would also like to take a look at their weapons"

Danny was crying inside. He just wanted to relax.

"Yeah of course. Completely understandable"

"We can all take the Fenton Assault Vehicle!"