04 - take good care of my baby

Everyone was sitting at a table. Everyone but Gracie. Miss match silver-wear was covered in food. Ham and mash potatoes. A few vegetables too. It was damn near the best food Celia had ate in a long time. And she was only one bite in.

"This is amazing thank you." Parker spoke up. Taylor smiled brightly

"Thank you."

The Abrams girl walked in, her clothes were changed but her hair was still visibly damp from the small swim she took. Her eyes completely avoided Celia's eyes. The blonde girl had been staring at the brunette as soon as she walked in, Celia's eyes never once leaving her slender figure.

Gracie was the type of girl Celia could look at forever and never find an imperfection. And if she did fine one, that imperfection would be so beautiful she could hardly call it imperfect. She knew that the second Gracie resurfaced and she saw her face. A very upset one at that. And for once a wave of guilt hit her like the water she caused Gracie to tumble into.

"Did you just take a bath or something?" Taylor asked Gracie as she sat down in front of her already made plate.

"Went for a swim." Gracie answered. Celia felt bad about what happened earlier but she would never admit that. Celia didn't like to apologize, she would have too much to say sorry about if she started that now.

"Why did you do that?" Aaron said with the smallest laugh. The sun was setting, the air was getting chilly. It seemed ridiculous to willingly get into the water. Gracie's eyes flickered to Celia's, catching her stare for a moment before she looked away and to Aaron.

"Not sure, it was a surprise for me too." Gracie forced a smile before taking a bite out of her food. Taylor's brows furrowed with confusion. A hum left Gracie's mouth as she changed the conversation. "Taylor this is delicious."

"Thank you" taylor beamed with delight. Parker began talking, the conversation switching naturally. Everyone ate dinner in peace while talking, bonding and such.

Celia caught herself switching her gaze back to Gracie. Any time something was said, someone laughed. Celia wanted to see the girl's reaction. See how she responded to the conversation. It almost felt like she was studying her. Gracie had caught her wandering eyes a few times. Instead of looking away Celia would hold contact with her hazel eyes. Neither girl had an expression on there face, they were completely unreadable.

"So, let's talk business then" Colter began after dinner was finished.

Celia offered to take the dishes and put them away so she was just returning when the conversation started.

"I guess it is time." Taylor said with a soft smile "alright, I'll go over the plan, you four can ask questions once ive finished."

"Ok" Parker said softly, leaning forward, wanting the blonde woman to continue. Jackson sat back in his seat watching with his arms crossed. Colter was leaning forward against the table, his chin resting in his hands. Celia stayed standing, watching and listening with curiosity.

"So, the plan is you four will escort Audrey, Gracie and i to Nashville, Tennessee. The trip will take a little over two weeks for us to get there from where we are currently. Firefly's have been back and fourth, there is a town their. It's a safe community, no fedra, no firefly's."

"No firefly's?" Colter asked "why would you want to be somewhere without them?" The boy spoke almost defensively

"The firefly's are fantastic don't get me wrong, after all we work closely together but..." taylor tailed off, thinking about her next words "I don't want to risk whatever is left of my life to fight Fedra, I don't want to risk Gracie or Audrey. Aaron or Justin. I want to live out the rest of my life somewhere safe, somewhere where we can live without constantly watching our back"