**Chapter 02: Shopping Spree at Everwood Mall**

Luckily, Uncle John arrived, and I hopped into the car, anxious to reach home, away from Aria and celebrate Mom's special day.

The drive brimmed with anticipation and worry about her reaction to my forgetfulness.

Looking out, I saw snow falling. The weather had grown colder since November, and the journey home from Mount Seraph would take three hours.

I had only a black shirt and jeans, inadequate for the cold weather. Thankfully, inside the car, it was warm. But Mom won't like my being less sensitive to my health.

The journey continued, and Everwood's familiar sights offered a brief distraction from my personal complexities in the bustling sunlight.

Passing by Everwood Mall, I urged Uncle John to stop. I needed to buy a coat and collect a special gift ordered for Mom.

Though expensive, this mall was known for quality products and excellent service—exactly what I sought.

Stepping inside the Everwood Mall, a beacon of sophistication, welcomed me into a realm of opulent indulgence.

In the well-lit mall, I swiftly entered the lift and pressed the 5th-floor button, confident about what I needed and where to find it.

Stepping outside the lift, the 5th floor unfolded as a curated space, adorned with designer boutiques and upscale retailers, radiating a timeless elegance.

As I strolled through the well-lit corridors, my gaze lingered on the meticulous displays in each corner, a testament to the mall's unwavering commitment to luxury.

Then with large steps I made my way to the outermost left corner where I opened a glass door after scanning my gold-plated card and stepped inside.

There, Mr. Rex looked at me from behind the desk. He smiled, setting aside his tablet—likely engrossed in current world issues.

I smiled brightly and greeted, "Grandpa Rex, you seem energetic and happy. Any good news?"

Grandpa Rex happily shared, 'Good news indeed. Your grandma is returning from her trip today.'

With a wishful tone, he continued, 'You have no idea, sweetheart, I missed her so much, so dearly.'

Chuckling lightly, I took a seat in front of the desk as Grandpa Rex gestured me to do so. Grandpa Rex owes this mall and likes to spend his free time here.

He asked, "So, what brings my very busy musician to my humble abode. It hurts me that you don't visit us often. Just before you came your grandma was asking about you."

At the mention of music, memories flooded my mind, especially the ones from Aria's fifteenth birthday, when I had prepared a special CD as a gift.

Quickly pushing aside the distractions, I chuckled, "Come on, Grandpa Rex, stop teasing me. I'm not a musician. I miss Grandma Lucy too. Say hello to her for me, and you must bring her to visit me often since I'll be staying at home for a few days."

Grandpa Rex responded with dramatic flair, "Oh! Listen to your speech, little girl... How devious of you to ask our old bones to visit you. You know I have knee pains, and I can't walk for a long time. Poor me, I am so miserable."

Grandpa's antics made me burst into laughter, and I surrendered with a stretch, clutching my stomach.

I said, "Okay, okay grandpa Rex please stop being dramatic I promise I will visit you and grandma Lucy very soon. Okay sir, are you feeling better now?"

Grandpa Rex reverted to his calm wise self. Fixing his glasses, he proposed, "Why don't you go with me today to pick up your grandma from the Airport and then you can have lunch with us. We can invite Chas to join us too."