5

Trix

The conversation with Andy left me feeling extremely nervous. I could see it left him with a bitter taste in his mouth.

I felt bad for being so bitchy to him but I needed to keep this distant and professional for my sanity's sake.

Through the night, I stole a few glances at him and saw him snickering at his phone. I knew he and the girl at the supermarket had exchanged numbers. He was probably texting her and flirting up a storm.

Wait, what did I care? Instead of ignoring it, I did what I do best when I'm a jealous little martian - I was mean. "Hey Andy, why don't you invite your girlfriend over so you don't have to sit and be antisocial the whole damn night?"

"Hey Trix, why don't you stop being such a mean bitch and then maybe I'd want to hang out with you."

Everyone looked at me with expressions of shock on their faces, waiting for my comeback. Honestly, I had none. I was just as shocked.

"I'm calling it a night everyone. I'll see you in the studio tomorrow. This time I'll be late so I don't have the misfortune of bumping into Miss Attitude over there."

Andy walked out and everyone turned to look at me. Joe whistled and popped another beer for him and I. "Andy never gets mad. You really must have pushed his buttons. The guy likes you and all you do is push him away."

Lucas spoke over me as though I wasn't even in the room, "She pushes everyone away because she has this irrational fear that she has bad luck and everything will end badly. Doesn't even give a person a chance. As soon as she sees they're too friendly she goes all bitch."

"I'm right here Lucas."

He rolled his eyes. "I'm gay honey, not blind. I can see exactly where you are and you can't say anything about it because A. It's the truth and B. You won't ever admit it."

Pete shook his head and put his beer down, addressing Lucas over me again, "Okay so let me get this straight - she's a bitch to Andy because she has a thing for him."

Lucas took a sip of his beer, which, by now, I was ready to smash over his head."Yes, darling, classic Bellatrix move. She will continue to push him to the point where he goes insane and tells her to fuck off in those exact words."

Finally, someone addressed me directly, and it was Patrick. "You know, Trixie, we kind of like you and you don't push us away. Do you think maybe you and Andy could be friends just while we record and then when it's done, you won't have to see each other until we make another record?"

I sighed, Patrick was right. I nodded and got up to leave. At the door, Marcus showed me which room was Andy's and I knocked on it. "Who is it?"

"Hey Andy, it's me, Trix."

There was the sound of the door unlocking and he stood there, wearing nothing but a towel and a poker face. "Yes Bellatrix?"

"Oh, sorry I didn't know you were showering. I can come back later."

"I just got out. Is there something you want?"

I shuffled around, looking at my feet to avoid showing him that I was finding his dripping wet and half covered body quite attractive and blurted out, "I'msosorryIwassuchabitchtoyouIdidn'treallymeanit!"

He jumped back, semi-shocked. "Okay cowgirl! I think that was an apology and I accept it as long as we can be nice to one another and you learn to breathe between words."

I laughed at his attempt to lighten the mood. "Do you want me to take you home or would you like to bunk here at the hotel tonight? I don't mind taking the couch as long as you don't snore."

Still looking down, I weighed my answer carefully. "Yeah, I could stay. Just get some clothes on. See you in a bit when we're done."

When I got back to the room, I was bombarded with questions from everyone. "Okay, okay! So Andy and I made up and I'm staying over in his hotel room tonight. He's sleeping on the couch so don't get any ideas."

Joe and Lucas high-fived each other and I shook my head. What was I getting myself into?