Children Disappearance - Chapter 1

A/N: These crime cases are based on real crime scenarios that have occurred, just slightly dramatised. Please enjoy :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CID Team

Jeongyeon - Head of A team and Senior Inspector

Jihyo - Sergeant and close friend of Jeongyeon

Momo - Well-trained martial artist and Sergeant of A team

Dahyun - A new recruit of A team, though she is a senior Probationary Inspector

Mina - Chief Inspector

Chaeyoung - Officer of A team

Tzuyu - Officer of A team

Sana - Officer of A team

Journalist

Nayeon - Professional and sneaky Journalist and Editor for an entertainment magazine. She is also the older sister of Momo. 

________________________

*ring ring*

"Hello, Chief Mina?"

"Jeongyeon, there is a new case down at the village. I want you to go check it out. I have already sent Sergeant Momo and Inspector Dahyun down there"

"I understand. I will gather my team and head over now"

________________________

Jeongyeon arrived to the scene with Jihyo, Sana and Chaeyoung where they found Momo speaking to an old man.

"Madam"

"What happened here?", asked Jeongyeon.

"This old gentleman called the police. Sir, please repeat what you said once again"

"Madam, I came here to collect herbs as usual. When I walked past this place, I found a bag of internal organs. I found it rather strange so I called the police"

"Thank you. Sana, ask some colleagues to take him in for a detailed statement", Jeongyeon instructed.

"Yes, Madam. Sir, please come with me"

Sana took the old man away while Jeongyeon and the rest headed over to Dahyun.

They found a black bag filled with maggots inside as well as the reported internal organs sitting on the floor. They covered their mouths in disgust.

"What did the Forensics say?", asked Jeongyeon.

"They are still working on it. Nothing yet", Momo replied.

Jeongyeon looked beside her to find Dahyun looking away and coughing with her hand over her mouth. 

"How long do you think the internal organs have been buried here?"

"I don't know...", Dahyun shook her head, almost throwing up.

"Hm... What was your name again?"

"Dahyun..."

"Dahyun, huh? You're the new recruit. Listen, I want you to count the number of maggots inside. Then you'll find out how long the internal organs have been left here"

 "That's not what I was taught at the Police Academy", Dahyun frowned.

"Theories and practices are two separate matters. When you count the number of maggots, you can work out their growth rate. Then you can get an estimate of the time of death. You don't believe me?"