《Chapter 6》

Nikhil

Sehgal Niwas.

There would be more peace on the streets for me than that house.

It's the destination I never want to reach.
It's the home which isn't a home for me.
It's the identity that seems more like a burden!

I am shocked. Shocked as well as hurt. How can he ask me to stay there and why? Even Sahil and Sam were shocked.

Going there for a minute or so is fine but staying there?

Sometimes, it feels like no one understands me! Nevermind. This is life. Nothing would go according to your wish.

I was busy in my thoughts gazing at the sky when a strong aroma of freshly brewed coffee reached my nose. I closed my eyes and inhaled the flavorful smell which carved a huge smile on my face. I knew the coffee and the coffee maker pretty well. I looked at my side to find Sahil with two mugs of coffee, which he prepared for both of us.

I took one from his hand and again stood leaning against the grills of the balcony.

"You really want to go?" he asked me and I couldn't help but chuckle at my luck.

"Do I have an option?" I asked as I don't know what else I could answer.

"You should stay here bro. We will handle Asha bua"

"I am a normal human Sahil, not some stone sculpture. I don't have enough strength to even look at her face after all the comments she made for me on her last visit". Sahil was the only one who knew all sides of mine. Angry, Happy, Sad, Broken; every emotion that ever existed.

"Papa said he will make sure nothing like that happens. Moreover, Sam and I would feel bored here if you go."

"I am not leaving the country Sahil. I am literally going to a house that is 5 streets away!!"

Yep, Solanki and Sehgal houses are this far from each other. Just 5 streets away. A five minute evening walk from Solanki's and you would reach Sehgal Niwas.

"exactly.. 5 STREETS AWAY!" he said in his over dramatic tone. The OG SAHIL SOLANKI! "Do you know how far that is?"

Sahil's overacting sometimes irritates me, even though I am habituated to it. But sometimes, his drama becomes the reason for my laughter. I know why he is acting like this currently, even though it's not required. He just wants me to laugh a bit, because he knows how I am feeling now.

"It's literally a five minute walking distance, you lazy pig" I said finishing my coffee. It was as always amazing.

I was about to go when he almost jumped on me and banged my shoulders, hanging himself like a monkey!

"Pagal hai kya?" I was shocked.
(Are you mad?)

"Kyun tu koi swarg ki apsara hai jo tere pyar me pagal hojaaun?"
(why, are you any angel from the heaven that i become mad being in love with you)

"To kya audition deraha zoo me rehne ke liye.. jo uchhal raha bandar ki tarah." I said, raising my right eyebrow.
(then are you auditioning to stay in the zoo... that you are jumping like a monkey?)

"Nahi... akele zoo me bore hojaaunga.. tu saath chalega to bol.. aur waise bhi, uchhal nahi raha. tujhe bas bataraha ki bro, idhar ek haftee tak me uss dracula ke saath nahi reh sakta.. to me terko milne aajaaya karunga.. tujhe bhi company milegi.."
(No, i will get bored in the zoo alone, tell me if you are accompanying me there.. anyways, I wasn't jumping... I was just informing you bro.. I can't stay here for a week with the dracula... so i will come to meet you there.. you will also get company)