one.

༻✧༺

"house of anubis?" her eyes read over the three words printed on her acceptance letter that she had brought with her. the young girl had been accepted into a private boarding school that was half way across the world. she had applied for the foreign exchange program on a whim, being urged to by her teachers and parents back home, but she never expected to actually be accepted.

honestly, for bella kim, this definitely wasn't her first choice, moving away from her family and friends was one of the hardest things she had ever done. her grandmother who had raised her all these years couldn't even hide her emotions on the day that she flew out, despite being so supportive of the girl's dreams ― being the only family she had left was obviously going to break her heart, as it did for bella. saying goodbye to her grandmother for four years was like having her heart ripped out of her chest and having it stomped on by multiple people. she wondered why she had even applied in the first place.

however, they both knew bella's dream was to study abroad. she talked about it almost every day growing up, and when the opportunity finally arrived, of course her grandmother was going to give her permission to go, no matter how much bella declined the offer. her teachers knew bella's potential, that was how her grandmother had even found out about the opportunity. everyone knew how much this meant to bella, and no one could watch her pass up the offer, especially when it was all being paid for her ― even bella couldn't bring herself to say no in the end.

she sighed, packing in her feelings as she grabbed the handle of her suitcase. she glanced around at her surroundings, trying to get her bearings together as she suspected she couldn't be too far from the accommodation. one thing that she noticed that was different from her home was how gloomy the weather was. she knew it was bad here, but she didn't think it would be so bad that it would make her even more depressed.

 "hey, you're looking a little lost?" bella jumped in surprise, turning around to find a girl stood behind her. they looked around the same age and so she assumed that she must be another student who goes to amun. although, she was quick to notice the american accent from the girl, wondering if she was also part of a foreign exchange program too. "hello?"

bella snapped out of her daze, nodding her head. "yeah, sorry," she stumbled over her words, her gaze dropping to the letter in her hand before handing it over to the girl in hopes that she would be able to help. "my name's bella kim, i move into anubis house today." she explained, hoping what she was saying made sense.