twelve.

༻✧༺

bella entered the dining room to grab a snack. her 'light reading' wasn't really going to plan and instead she had been busy doing her homework ― which was surprisingly more fun than reading robert's diaries. honestly, she knew there wasn't a lot going on back in the day, but how does one drone on and on about the weather of one day over four pages? bella just couldn't get her head round it.

her attention was caught by mick who tapped his spoon on a glass, standing up as he awkwardly looked down, trying to pull himself together for his sudden announcement. "erm, guys," he began, seeming slightly nervous as he looked around the room, catching everybody's attention. "i spoke to mr sweet, so it's official," the students gathered around, bella watching from the kitchen island as she took a sip of her apple juice. "i'm moving to australia."

the other students gasped, taken aback by the sudden news, as a few of them didn't look as surprised, clearly knowing that this was coming. bella glanced over at mara, knowing that the girl definitely wasn't taking the news very well as she stared at mick with teary eyes.

"what?" fabian was surprised that he had no idea what his roommate had been hiding.

"when do you leave?" patricia questioned.

"tomorrow."

"tomorrow!?" mara repeated in disbelief, realising that there wasn't enough time left for the both of them. "it's all decided?"

"well, i reckon some people just can't wait to see me go." bella sighed, setting her glass down as she watched mick sit back down, his eyes never leaving mara as the girl clearly wanted to express her feelings, seeing as her mouth kept opening and closing like a fish, unable to get her words out.

"but i.." the table watched the pair, wondering if mara was finally going to be honest with the boy. "i..." she shook her head, close to tears as she stood up from the table and escaped the room as soon as possible. silence enveloped the residents of anubis, as no one seemed brave enough to speak first. bella couldn't help but feel for mick, knowing exactly how it felt to leave the people that you love, wondering when it would be that you'd see them next.