Chapter 44- The Greatest Creation

Warning
POV changes
Mentions of death

"Dazai, Akutagawa and I can't use our abilities."

My eyes went wide, my hand just resting on the handle to the door to enter the building, but I couldn't move.

"Atsushi, what do you mean that you can't use them?"

There could be several possibilities as to why they couldn't but no matter which one it could be, there was something that caused it.

"Akutagawa and I were fighting some of Shizuko's men at the back of the building when our abilities suddenly stopped working," he answered sounding slightly panicked.

"But it appears we aren't the only ones with that problem," Akutagawa chimed in. "A few of Shizuko's men that we were fighting seem not to be able to use them either.

Not the only ones? I wonder what could have happened to cause them not to be able to use their abilities?

I looked back at Kyoka who was standing by the helicopter. "Can you use Demon Snow?"

She nodded, summoning the katana wielding phantom behind her.

Kyoka could summon Demon Snow but Atsushi and Akutagawa couldn't use Rashomon or Beast Beneath the Moonlight.

That's when it occured to me.

"Atsushi, when your ability stopped, did it feel like when I've nullified your ability?" I asked, hoping that could be the answer to all the questions running through my head.

There was a pause as though he was thinking about it, before I heard his voice through my ear piece again. "Now that you mention it, it did feel like that-"

"Even so, that doesn't explain anything!" Akutagawa barked, irritation lacing his voice. "You would need to touch us for our abilities to be nulled but you weren't around when that happened!"

A singularity. One that was created when I touched Miya.

I remembered feeling like my own was being used against me, almost like it was some sort of ricochet from when I touched her.

Was it possible to have more than one ability? It's not something I've seen happen in history but that didn't necessarily mean it wasn't possible. But putting Miya's case into consideration, it could be possible.

"Atsushi, I'm sended Kyoka to come help you. Meet with Kunikuda at the rendezvous point." I nodded to Kyoka who returned my nod before running towards the direction of the back of the warehouse.

"What about you, Dazai?"

I turned back around, placing my hand on the door handle to the stairs, tirning it and opening the door to enter.

"I'm going to have a little chat with Shizuko."

*****

Odasaku's P.O.V.

It was an odd feeling, one I didn't quite have the words to describe, something that I don't think I've ever felt before.