Chapter 20: A Look into the 80's

Just a day had passed after my biological parents' funeral and everything was peaceful in the Heeler house. It was one of the days where it'd be just me and Bandit in the house today so we were once again the men of the house. Trying to find something to do, I was looking around in the hallway that lead to Bluey and Bingo's bedroom until the corner of my eye caught something from above, it just so happened to be a doorway into the attic on the ceiling.

I was about to ask Bandit for permission to check up into said attic until I remembered that he was going to mostly be busy working on his study computer and thus wasn't going to want any interruptions, and waiting for him to finish would be out of the question so I looked in the nearby storage closet and found a ladder good enough to get me up there. Propping up said ladder, I climbed up and pushed the attic door flap open, which took a little bit of muscle to move and within seconds, I was faced with a dark and dusty open space much like any other attic, the very little light pouring in from the open flap to downstairs.

Nothing about the attic seemed out of the ordinary, most of the space being occupied by tons of cardboard boxes piled onto each other and after a thorough search and seeing nothing else, I was about to head back down and close up the attic... until I just managed to spot something at the last second.

A small piece of white paper was sticking out of one of the smaller boxes within a pile of others. Approaching the set of boxes and moving the ones on top out of the way, I opened the one box the paper was sticking out of and took a look at it.

What I found was an old photograph of three young dogs in a tussle with two of them having their hands on a some kind of muscular dog shaped action figure with bowl cut hair

What I found was an old photograph of three young dogs in a tussle with two of them having their hands on a some kind of muscular dog shaped action figure with bowl cut hair. If I had never met Stripe or Radley, I would've never recognised two of the young dogs in the photo as either of them. Then that must've meant that the other dog, whom had a small tuft of hair on top and some fur stuck out on the sides was none other than a younger Bandit. What I was looking at was no doubt a photo of the three back then as kids in a typical sibling rivalry, most likely over the toy in the photo.

That was when I remembered the box the photo was sticking out of and peered inside. Aside from just dust and some disturbed cobwebs, all there was inside was a bundle of cloth, possibly a blanket or something.

When I pulled it out however, it turned out to actually be a shirt, a rather small one that would just about fit Bluey. I turned it around a little to see if there was a design on the front until my eyes fell upon something. There was definitely a printed design on the shirt's front, but because of how dark it was, I couldn't make out a thing. It wasn't until I felt my shoulder brush against something that I felt around for what it was until I felt something like plastic and something jutting out of the middle. I exhaled, a little annoyed that it took me until now to figure out that the attic had a light and a switch for it as I pressed said switch, and with the attic now illuminated, I looked back down at the shirt's design.

...

I almost practically dropped the shirt in shock upon seeing the design on the shirt. It was a printed on photograph of the young Bandit again... and standing right next to him with both their arms around each other's backs in a buddy photo was neither Stripe or Radley, but...