i love you

timeline: when Percy went missing and Annabeth is thinking about him and has a memory of the two of them after the Titan War. 

All she had of him was a couple of pictures and a few old hoodies that were still left in his cabin when he disappeared. She hated it. She hated that he was gone. That she couldn't find him. It had been three months already, and even though there were signs of him all over the places, she just couldn't get to him in time. 

And she hated it. 

All she wanted was to hug him. To tell him she loved him. To see his stupid troublemaker smile or hear him crack a dumb joke or try to make her laugh. All she wanted was him. And he was nowhere to be found. 

As she laid in Percy's cabin, her face stuffed into one of his old pillows, she felt one tear after another fall down her face. She missed him. So much. She was wearing one of his swim hoodies, which was huge on her, but she didn't care. It reminded her of him, so she wore it for as long as she could. In the hopes of being able to have his arms around her again soon. And in her hands, she had a picture that Katie Gardner took of them. She was on Percy's back, the both of them laughing hard as they were practically falling over. She was happy then. 

It was a Polaroid that was taken the day before he disappeared. 

Which made it hurt even worse... 

As she wiped her tears, she recalled a memory of her and Percy in this very cabin after the Titan War. They had been dating for mere days when Annabeth came looking for him. He wasn't at breakfast (which was something he never missed) and was in his cabin, hiding over the covers, hiding from the world outside. 

"You should eat." Annabeth said. "You didn't eat breakfast, lunch, or dinner last night." 

Percy sighed, burying his face into his pillow. "I'm not hungry." 

Annabeth walked over to him, sitting at the edge of the bed, hoping to give him some sort of motivation to get up and get some fresh air. "You've gotta be at least a little bit hungry, Seaweed Brain." But Percy wouldn't budge. "Will you talk to me? Talk about what's on your mind?" 

Percy pulled off the blankets, sitting up next to her and placing his head in his hands. His eyes were bloodshot, his hair messy, and his cheeks had tear streaks on them. He took a shaking breath, trying to calm himself down from what she could tell, but failed. He started sobbing slightly, which broke Annabeth's heart. She placed a hand on his shoulder, hoping to comfort him. "I can't do this." his voice broke as he spoke. "They should still be here." 

"I know. But they're in a better place now, I promise." She spoke. She started rubbing his back, and he leaned against her side, head still covered by his hands as he cried. In all the year she knew him, she never saw him cry. Not once. Sure, he may have gotten a tear in his eyes when they lost someone in battle or out of frusation or anger, but nothing like this. These were heartbroken sobs. "What can I do to help?" She asked. 

She watched as he wiped his eyes with his sleeve and looked up at him with desperation in his eyes. He grabbed her hands, his own shaking. "Stay with me?" 

"Of course." she muttered. Percy nodded, rubbing his eyes again as he scooted back into his bunk and opened his arms out for her to come and cuddle him. She was never going to be admit to anyone else, but she loved snuggling Percy. They had only really 'cuddled' once or twice before. Once when Annabeth was upset when they first came back to camp and Percy stayed up with her all night just holding her and listening to her. But when she laid down next to him, his arm around his shoulder and her arms around his middle, it felt right. 

Percy's breaths steadied, and she felt him lean his chin against her head and start to fall asleep. She too felt asleep after a while, knowing that Percy was there with her. 

But he wasn't there with her now. 

And she didn't know when she could be held in his arms again. But she knew that she loved him. He told her he loved her that night he disappeared, and Annabeth wished that she said the same. She loved him. Too much probably. But she knew she did. Looking at the picture in her hands, the tears starting to fill up in her eyes, she said silently to herself, hoping that somewhere, he would somehow hear it. 

"I love you." 

'We fall apart as it gets dark.
I'm in your arms in Central Park
There's nothing you could do or say.
I can't escape the way I love you.
I don't want to, but I love you,'

"i love you.' 

Soooo there you have it. Part two of three. And i promise the next one will be MUCH happier. But I think a sad one is nice every once in a while. And besides, I really could see something like this happening he was gone. 

I hope you enjoyed this tearjerker. Love you guys and thank you for reading! 

-its_lexieyvonne