Chapter 1 - Starting The Game

Hey there, welcome to the first chapter of Elysium Realms! I do hope you enjoy it. If you haven't read the prologue, that's fine. Though I'd recommend it if you want to know what happens a little later in the story! Hope you enjoy!

It was empty when I logged in. I'd been off it since Vic died, four years ago. It was our favorite game, we played it every time we were at my home. Today my other friends were with me at my dorm. As I turned it on I heard the buzzing of the console starting up, and then the iconic game music that I had loved, the epic but chill music, the way it flowed together was what had entranced me, and Vic.

Then the game title splashed on screen 'Elysium Realms' as a character appeared on the screen.

"Good times, good times." Rei said, the voice echoing in my living room.

I think back to the times me and Vic played for hours on end, only getting off when it got late or we were hungry.

"Man, I missed this." I muttered to myself, a tear rolling down my cheek.

I pressed the start button, and I grabbed a controller from a nearby drawer, my TV screen fades into black and turns into the iconic save slots, I press a new save and suddenly the character creation menu pops up.

"I'm making a Draconian!" Exclaims Rei.

"Really?" Lindsey questions, as she raises her eyebrow.

"What? I like Dragons, alright?" Responds Rei "I'm making a Guardian, they make good Guards!"

Why was I turning it back on again? After so many years? I wanted to relive my nostalgia that I left behind, the moments Vic would've wanted me to enjoy even if he's gone. I know what he would've said "You've got to enjoy everything, even if you associate it with a bad time or memory, that'll stop you from having fun, right EJ?" After all, so many years ago was the full release, now the DLC and a tournament were right around the corner. Now it's selling out like hot cakes, and I want to meet up with some online friends from the Beta Test, people I don't know IRL but I do know in game, like Kaito and Otashi, and hopefully play with my IRL friends too.

Anyways we go along with Rei's reasoning and finish making our characters, Nikkie makes a Human Cleric, Lindsey makes a Human Necromancer, and I make a Human Warrior. Out of nowhere I feel a white light come out of the TV screen and envelop me. Suddenly my eyes flutter open, as I wake up on a hill, grass surrounding me, a blue sky above me, and a tree to my right giving me some shade.

"Where am I?" I look around myself.

I get up off my back and cross my legs, I touch the grass and look up to the sky. I feel the slight breeze of the wind blow against my face and hair. I look down at myself and see that my original sweatpants and blue T-shirt have been replaced with a white Henley shirt, a red handkerchief around my neck and a pair of jeans.

"What happened to my clothes??" I question, trying to find out what happened but I'm suddenly interrupted by a young male voice.

"Who are you?" The voice asks.

I stay still, too scared to turn around. I feel myself getting goosebumps, as I stare straight ahead.

"Turn around!" He shouts, his voice cold.

I get up off the floor and put up my hands "Alright I'll move, just ple-" I stop my sentence as I turn around.

In front of me is someone with long ears and a slender build, similar to that of an Elf. My eyes scan him head to toe, as I'm dumbfounded at the person who's standing in front of me.

"What're you staring at?" Queries the Elf, as he points at me.

He then proceeds to grab a bow from his back and pulls out an arrow, and aims it at me. His face shows anger but also a bit of visible discomfort.