Chapter 2 - Reunion At The Crossroads: A Guildbound Pact!

The long awaited, Chapter 2, has arrived. I do apologize for the long wait, but better late then never. What will happen now? Will Tortin lead them to the Adventurer's Guild?  These are fictional characters.

Immediately Tortin's eyes widen as he stares at Vic. I look at both of them, neither showing any sign of blinking. I quickly sit down onto the grass floor as my legs have gotten tired of standing, and see both of them still looking at each other.

Doesn't he hate having people stare at him? I question in my head Truly an odd guy.

"Why am I going?" Tortin asks, as he crosses his hands "I'm not the adventuring type, you know."

"Because WE are going to go out and defeat the Dark Lord." Vic exclaims, as he points his thumb at himself "After all, we're the destined ones."

I get up off the ground, and dust myself off. I turn over to look at the town and sigh, I then proceed to walk forwards, going in a direction I randomly picked.

"Where are you going?" Tortin questions, as he points at me.

"Well, I'm going into town." I reply, pointing to the town with my thumb, which is a few ways away "Since you don't seem very keen on taking us to the Guild."

Vic scratches his head as I say this and walks towards me, he jumps up and grabs ahold of me and sits on my shoulder.

"Well, you're carrying me. Because these little Goblin feet aren't the best for walking." Vic whines, wiggling his feet as he says that "Wait, do you even know where you're going?"

"Nope, but you do, right? I mean you've been here for four years, so you should know your way around, right?" I question, looking at him as he sits on my shoulder.

Vic stays quiet and begins to sweat a little bit as he avoids eye contact with me, I shake my head and sigh. I begin walking, but I then feel a hand grab at my other shoulder.

"Well, I'll lead you there, but I'm not joining the Adventurer's Guild." Tortin interrupts, he pulls his hand that was on my shoulder away, and then proceeds to walk past us "But we'll go and look for one more person to start your group."

"What do you mean?" I question, as I furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

Vic snaps his fingers and answers my question "Oh yeah, we need at least three people to start a small group in the Adventurer's Guild, and at least six to be a normal party! Though you can go out alone too if you show you're capable of doing such."

We follow behind Tortin, who leads us through town.

"Say, EJ. How'd you get here?"

"I don't know. I had the whole crew join and play, since you and I were the only ones who played." I responded, my eyes looking at Vic "Well I guess Rei could count, he did play with us for a short while..., until he went back to Bullet Reign Online."

"Huh. Hey, if we manage to leave, wanna pay BRO?" Vic asks, as he pats my head.

"Eh, maybe. I've yet to find a good loadout."

"What about the set I gave you?"

"Don't take it personally but... It was kinda trash." I respond, as I make a finger gun and shoot.

"But it had a shotgun for close range, and a rifle for some distance! I thought it was pretty good!"

"I think my Plasma Saber and AK-47 were good on their own. Maybe I should've gone with the Extra Slot Perk instead of the Mountaineer Perk, which would've allowed me to have a SMG..."

We soon reach a normal house in the town, Tortin walks onto the porch and sits down on a chair, he puts his feet up onto the railing and puts his hands behind the back of his head.